Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > window.blur() works only upon refresh

window.blur() works only upon refresh

aa

I have a page with a body arribute onLoad="window.open()" which launches
another window.

That second window has a body arribute onLoad="window.focus()"
It plays a FALSH clip and when the clip is over it calls window.blur() so
that the first window appears on the surface (don't ask why this is done
this way, because this is just how the customer wants it)

It works fine on a local machine. However when uploaded on an ISP server,
the second window stays on top. If it is closed manually and the first
window refreshed, then everything works as expected: the second window pops
up, plays FLASH and disappears behind the first one.

Any idea why?