Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Groupware Applications

Groupware Applications

Jeremy Ross

Hello,

Here at the office we are looking to start using a groupware application
to better organize our clients that we handle.

If anyone could please recommend a application that they use (or used)
or would recommend us looking at please could you tell me. I have
looked at many but without any real users input on any applications.

We are looking at a php/MySQL application would be ideal however any
language would be great.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Jeremy

HawkEye

Jeremy Ross wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here at the office we are looking to start using a groupware application
> to better organize our clients that we handle.
>
> If anyone could please recommend a application that they use (or used)
> or would recommend us looking at please could you tell me. I have
> looked at many but without any real users input on any applications.
>
> We are looking at a php/MySQL application would be ideal however any
> language would be great.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide,
> Jeremy

This one is cool. Loads of facilities that you can turn on or off.
Extremely configurable and php / mysql based.

http://www.egroupware.org/

--
Regards

Neil

Registered Linux User 324599
unintentional side effect. --Linus Torvalds

Jeffrey Silverman

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:57:05 +0000, Jeremy Ross wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here at the office we are looking to start using a groupware application
> to better organize our clients that we handle.
>
> If anyone could please recommend a application that they use (or used)
> or would recommend us looking at please could you tell me. I have
> looked at many but without any real users input on any applications.
>
> We are looking at a php/MySQL application would be ideal however any
> language would be great.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide,
> Jeremy

I use IMP which is a subset of this project, which includes many
groupware-type projects. The project/framework is Horde, and all of the
sub-projects plug into the framework in an a la carte fashion.

http://www.horde.org/projects.php

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

Toby Inkster

Jeremy Ross wrote:

> Here at the office we are looking to start using a groupware application
> to better organize our clients that we handle.

I've been looking at Groupware Suites recently, and I think OpenGroupware
looks good: http://www.opengroupware.org/

It's web based, but also supports the iCal format, WebDAV and other bits
and bobs, which means that it can communicate with "real clients" like
Mozilla Calendar, Ximian Evolution and Microsoft Outlook.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS