Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Size of a table in a fluid design

Size of a table in a fluid design

Luigi Donatello Asero

Is it possible to have a large table and still a fluid design?

If I resize the window of my browser I cannot see a part of the data table
which is contained on the following page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dlingdel2.html

-- Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk/
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...-skoeldar.html

rf

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> Is it possible to have a large table and still a fluid design?

Yes.

A table, by default, is fluid. It adjusts to its content. If said content is
wider than the current canvas then it will adjust to the size of the canvas,
wrapping the content accordingly. Of course if the content can not wrap
enough then yes, we get a horizontal scroll bar but that is how tables are
designed to operate.

It is only when authors fiddle with the width attribute that the table
becomes non-fluid.

> If I resize the window of my browser I cannot see a part of the data table
> which is contained on the following page
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dlingdel2.html

I can see it all, right down to a canvas width of about 800 pixels. If your
canvas is narrower then see above.

> -- Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

Oh, it's you again. Howsitgoing?

--
Cheers
Richard.

Luigi Donatello Asero

"rf" <rf@.invalid> skrev i meddelandet
news:8XPcd.30766$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> Oh, it's you again. Howsitgoing?

Well. may-be some of the photos on the website
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com are now better

-- Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk/
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...tartiklar.html

marcus@myrealbox.com

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:41:58 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is it possible to have a large table and still a fluid design?
>
>If I resize the window of my browser I cannot see a part of the data table
>which is contained on the following page
>http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dlingdel2.html

This is because the elements of your "F÷rmedlingsavgiften" table are defined as
"td colspan" which represents a fixed number of columns. Try using "td
width=x%" instead.

Hope this helps.

regards
Marcus