Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Link to WMV file does not work in Firefox

Reply
Thread Tools

Link to WMV file does not work in Firefox

 
 
Yousuf Khan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004
Hi, I got the following piece of code in my html.

Code:
<a href="a.wmv"> Play the video </a>
When Windows Media Player opens, it complains that it cannot find the file,
with the following error message:

[errmsg]
Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path
is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified
location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.
[/errmsg]


However, this same snippet of code works perfectly fine if you replace
"a.wmv" with "a.avi", or "a.mp3", or "a.mpg", or whatever. All of those
files exist in the exact same directory as each other. Ideas?

Running Firefox 1.0PR (also tried 0.9.3) on Windows XP. And it works
perfectly in IE6.

Yousuf Khan

--
Humans: contact me at ykhan at rogers dot com
Spambots: just reply to this email address



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Leif K-Brooks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004
Yousuf Khan wrote:
> Hi, I got the following piece of code in my html.
>
>
Code:
>  <a href="a.wmv"> Play the video </a>
>
>
> When Windows Media Player opens, it complains that it cannot find the file,
> with the following error message:
>
> [errmsg]
> Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path
> is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified
> location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.
> [/errmsg]


Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we can't
afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during the week or
provide a URL.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
brucie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004
In alt.html Leif K-Brooks said:

> Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends,


its monday here. i can undercut your rates by up to 8%

--


v o i c e s
 
Reply With Quote
 
Yousuf Khan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2004
Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we can't
> afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during the week
> or provide a URL.


Well, it's not something that's been published on a website yet. It's
something that resides only on a friend's hard drive so far. Everything is
being done locally. That code snippet is the only problem area.

Yousuf Khan


 
Reply With Quote
 
Leif K-Brooks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2004
Yousuf Khan wrote:
> Leif K-Brooks wrote:
>
>>Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we can't
>>afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during the week
>>or provide a URL.

>
>
> Well, it's not something that's been published on a website yet. It's
> something that resides only on a friend's hard drive so far. Everything is
> being done locally. That code snippet is the only problem area.


How are we supposed to solve a problem which could involve a lot of
things besides your HTML if that's all you show us?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Yousuf Khan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2004
Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> Yousuf Khan wrote:
>> Leif K-Brooks wrote:
>>
>>> Our crystal balls demand more money to work on weekends, and we
>>> can't afford that, so you'll have to ask the question again during
>>> the week or provide a URL.

>>
>>
>> Well, it's not something that's been published on a website yet. It's
>> something that resides only on a friend's hard drive so far.
>> Everything is being done locally. That code snippet is the only
>> problem area.

>
> How are we supposed to solve a problem which could involve a lot of
> things besides your HTML if that's all you show us?


Alright, alright, I'll get him to upload it to a website, but as I said,
it's only this one link that's at issue here.

Yousuf Khan


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Download Link Does NOT Work, Can You Email the File?? Liyue Yang ASP .Net Web Controls 0 12-15-2005 02:34 PM
RE: Link Link Link =?Utf-8?B?REw=?= Windows 64bit 0 05-17-2005 12:15 PM
Re: Link Link Link DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!! Kevin Spencer ASP .Net 0 05-17-2005 10:41 AM
wmv in html page does not allow scanning the timeline davidshook HTML 7 11-03-2004 06:59 AM
save as link or button for wmv TCO222 Javascript 0 08-21-2003 02:27 PM



Advertisments