Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > What's a good starter HTML Editor (Free?)

What's a good starter HTML Editor (Free?)

Ian

What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a simple
personal web page?

Neal

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:30:23 -0400, Ian <ianstock"antispam"@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a
> simple
> personal web page?

Better - w3schools, learn HTML, it's easier in the long run to get good
results. You can do it in Notepad, though I prefer Crimson Editor because
it colors the code contextually.

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

"Ian" <ianstock"antispam"@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:FYbcd.67683$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a
> simple
> personal web page?

Go to pagetutor.com and learn the basics and then go to evrsoft.com and
download 1stpage2000.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts

Leif K-Brooks

Ian wrote:
> What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a simple
> personal web page?

Vim.

Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

Ian wrote:

> What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a simple
> personal web page?

http://www.editplus.com/ You decide if you want to
pay the 30$ to register.
Learn the basics here: http://www.w3schools.com/
Keep out of trouble by following some simple
rules: http://home.no.net/ingernet/links.php#How
(My page, skip the advice related to genealogy if
that's not what you are doing, and disregard the
looks of the site, it's undergoing an upgrade to
XHTML.)

--
Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen
http://home.online.no/~ingerfaj/

Rhino

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:30:23 -0400, Ian wrote:

> What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a simple
> personal web page?

www.w3.org to learn HTML or
http://www.netmechanic.com/news/webmaster-resources.htm

If you are using a free Linux OS you can use the free Quanta+ HTML editor
that comes with the Linux OS or Bluefish if you want a wysiwyg.

The best wysiwyg HTML editor available on Windows and Mac and not free is
Dreamweaver.

Shailesh Humbad

Ian wrote:
> What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a simple
> personal web page?

Just use Mozilla. It is WYSIWYG and free.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

Toby Inkster

Rhino wrote:

> If you are using a free Linux OS you can use the free Quanta+ HTML editor
> that comes with the Linux OS or Bluefish if you want a wysiwyg.

Huh? Bluefish sure ain't WYSIWYG.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

David Dorward

Ian wrote:

> What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a
> simple personal web page?

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?HTML_editors

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is