Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS menu vertical

CSS menu vertical

Nico Schuyt

I try to make a vertical menu with drop down effect.
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns has a fairly simple solution (I
like that
Result: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm
In IE5-6 it looks OK. In Opera 7.2 nothing happens. In Mozilla 1.4 the
submenu is shown too low.
The example on
http://www.aplus.co.yu/ADxMenu/examp...recss/vlr.html does the job
but is very complex.
Has anyone a better solution?

--
Nico
www.nicoschuyt.nl

brucie

In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

> Result: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm
> In IE5-6 it looks OK. In Opera 7.2 nothing happens. In Mozilla 1.4 the
> submenu is shown too low.

seems fine in O7.54 and moz1.7. upgrade

--

v o i c e s

Nico Schuyt

brucie wrote:
> In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

>> Result: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm
>> In IE5-6 it looks OK. In Opera 7.2 nothing happens. In Mozilla 1.4
>> the submenu is shown too low.

> seems fine in O7.54 and moz1.7. upgrade

Uhhh, I installed the Mozilla 1.7.3 -> submenu still too low

--
Nico
www.nicoschuyt.nl

Nico Schuyt

Nico Schuyt wrote:
> brucie wrote:
>> In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

>>> Result: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm
>>> In IE5-6 it looks OK. In Opera 7.2 nothing happens. In Mozilla 1.4
>>> the submenu is shown too low.

>> seems fine in O7.54 and moz1.7. upgrade

> Uhhh, I installed the Mozilla 1.7.3 -> submenu still too low

And upgraded to Opera 7.54: It works indeed, but submenu too low also.
Any suggestion how to fix that?

--
Nico
www.nicoschuyt.nl

brucie

In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

>>> seems fine in O7.54 and moz1.7. upgrade

>> Uhhh, I installed the Mozilla 1.7.3 -> submenu still too low

> And upgraded to Opera 7.54: It works indeed, but submenu too low also.
> Any suggestion how to fix that?

change the css

--

v o i c e s

Nico Schuyt

brucie wrote:
> In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:
>
>> Result: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm
>> In IE5-6 it looks OK. Mozilla 1.7.3 -> submenu too low
>> Opera 7.54: It works indeed, but submenu too low
>> also. Any suggestion how to fix that?

> change the css

Ahhh, no mercy for an old man trying to fix the bloody CSS for hours now
But, I succeeded:
li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: block; }
changed to:
li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: inline; }

Thanks!!

--
Nico
www.nicoschuyt.nl

brucie

In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

>> change the css

> Ahhh, no mercy for an old man trying to fix the bloody CSS for hours now

i'll swap you. i'll fix your css if you screw 200 drippers shut then
unscrew them all 10 clicks so they all have an equal flow rate.

> But, I succeeded:
> li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: block; }
> changed to:
> li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: inline; }

i would have used a negative margin to raise the hovered bits up.

--

v o i c e s

Nico Schuyt

brucie wrote:
> In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:
>> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/menu_alistapart.htm

>> But, I succeeded:
>> li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: block; }
>> changed to:
>> li:hover ul, li.over ul{ display: inline; }

> i would have used a negative margin to raise the hovered bits up.

I'm sure I tried that before but than the menu is not correct in IE

--
Nico
www.nicoschuyt.nl

brucie

In alt.html Nico Schuyt said:

>> i would have used a negative margin to raise the hovered bits up.

> I'm sure I tried that before but than the menu is not correct in IE

hide it from IE

..blah{margin for ie}
..blah,[nul]{margin for real browsers}

--

v o i c e s

I would like to create a vertical cascading menu using javascript and css - looking for guidelines Terry Javascript 14 10-05-2007 12:57 PM
CSS MENU and CSS photo gallery desjardins.daniel@gmail.com Javascript 1 02-19-2006 06:22 PM
Vertical menu example Nino Katic HTML 4 11-12-2005 06:40 PM
Vertical menu link to iframe Squall ASP .Net 1 08-02-2005 04:47 PM
Vertical Menu Bar Dean Clowe Java 0 10-28-2003 07:56 PM

Advertisments