Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT Drop Down Scripts

OT Drop Down Scripts

Davmagic .Com

I am currently using JavaScript to run my Drop Downs, and would like to
change to a CGI Script, maybe Perl...

Where can I find a simple and secure Perl script to do this?

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

"Davmagic .Com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am currently using JavaScript to run my Drop Downs, and would like to
> change to a CGI Script, maybe Perl...
>
> Where can I find a simple and secure Perl script to do this?

cgi-resources.com used to have a bunch of good ones. I haven't been there
lately though.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts

Hywel

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Davmagic
..Com says...
> I am currently using JavaScript to run my Drop Downs, and would like to
> change to a CGI Script, maybe Perl...
>
> Where can I find a simple and secure Perl script to do this?

http://cgi.resourceindex.com/ - if you can't find a ready-written script
to do it you'll certainly find a CGI library that will take care of
getting at the form data.

--
Hywel

http://sponsorhywel.org.uk/

Davmagic .Com

I looked at cgi resources and couldn't find what I want... no script to
process drop downs... any other suggestions? And since I don't write
script...

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

aa

What are Drop Dawns?

Steve Pugh

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:27:34 +0100, "aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What are Drop Dawns?

Well you know the phrase "dawn has broken"? What do you think comes
before the break?

Steve

David Dorward

Davmagic .Com wrote:

> I looked at cgi resources and couldn't find what I want... no script to
> process drop downs...

I find that hard to believe ... but I hacked this together in a couple of
minutes. I suggest you learn Perl, it isn't difficult:

(Changes should be obvious. Name your select element "link".)

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use CGI;

my $site_root = 'http://www.example.com/thing/';

my %pages = (
home => '',
away => 'away/',
far_far_away => 'away/run.html'
);

my $location = $site_root . '/'; # Default

my $cgi = new CGI;

$location = $site_root . $pages{$cgi->param('link')}
if (
defined $cgi->param('link') &&
defined $pages{$cgi->param('link')}
);

print <<EOF;
Location: $location

<title>Document Found!</title>
<h1>Document Found!</h1>
EOF

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Hywel

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Davmagic
..Com says...
> I looked at cgi resources and couldn't find what I want... no script to
> process drop downs... any other suggestions? And since I don't write
> script...

Learn to write script. It's easier with PHP, so perhaps starting at
http://www.php.net/ would be good.

--
Hywel

http://sponsorhywel.org.uk/

aa

> Well you know the phrase "dawn has broken"?

I don't. English ain't my mother tonge
What are Drop Dawns in this context?

David Dorward

aa wrote:

> I don't. English ain't my mother tonge
> What are Drop Dawns in this context?

In this context ... you are still misspelling them. See the subject for the
correct spelling.

A "Drop Down" is, I suspect, referring to a <select> element since they are
commonly rendered as what, in most GUI toolkits, are referred to as Drop
Down Menus.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is