Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT MS releases new set top receiver

OT MS releases new set top receiver

Davmagic .Com

For those of you who are interested, MS now has released their new
"WebTv" as you used to know it... it now has a Browser that compares to
IE6, along with broadband capabilities... works with any TV set and is
available for about $199.00 USD...

Read about it here: http://www.msntv.com/tv/

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

brucie

In alt.html Davmagic .Com said:

> "WebTv" as you used to know it... it now has a Browser that compares to
> IE6,

can they get away with selling broken products without a warning label?

--

v o i c e s

SpaceGirl

brucie wrote:
> In alt.html Davmagic .Com said:
>

>>"WebTv" as you used to know it... it now has a Browser that compares to
>>IE6,

> can they get away with selling broken products without a warning label?

AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.

This Is Not A Good Thing.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

brucie

In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

> AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
> This Is Not A Good Thing.

36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
worrying about.

--

v o i c e s

SpaceGirl

brucie wrote:
> In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
>

>>AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
>>This Is Not A Good Thing.

> 36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
> worrying about.

Might be a problem if they're in your particular target market... :/

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Davmagic .Com

>From: ****@usenetshit.info (brucie)
>>In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
>>AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
>>This Is Not A Good Thing.

>36 million AOLers out of about one billion
>internet users are not worth worrying
>about.

Wait a min... that's about 3.6% ... and I think a significant
percentage...

No, we're not going to worry... but there has to be some kind of logic
behind this...

BTW... MS's decision to release this new set top box... indicates that
they think there are going to be _more_ people world wide who want to
connect their televisions up to the internet...

In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

>> 36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
>> worrying about.

> Might be a problem if they're in your particular target market... :/

they're not, they're too hard to cater for. medium sized amoebas are as
low as i go, they can at least remember they're own name.

--

v o i c e s

Hywel

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Davmagic
..Com says...

> >From: ****@usenetshit.info (brucie)
> >>In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
> >>AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
> >>This Is Not A Good Thing.

> >36 million AOLers out of about one billion
> >internet users are not worth worrying
> >about.

> Wait a min... that's about 3.6% ... and I think a significant
> percentage...

Depends on your "billion" I suppose.

--
Hywel

http://sponsorhywel.org.uk/

Toby Inkster

Davmagic .Com wrote:
> ****@usenetshit.info (brucie) wrote:
>
>> 36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
>> worrying about.

> Wait a min... that's about 3.6% ... and I think a significant
> percentage...

But not all AOLers will actually use the AOL browser -- many will simply
minimise AOL and then surf using whatever browser they like.

And most of the others who continue blindly using the AOL browser are
likely to be less experienced surfers, less trusting of online payment,
less likely to buy stuff online, etc...

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

SamuŽl van Laere

"SpaceGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
>
> This Is Not A Good Thing.

Never ever heard of AOL's browser before,
never knew that providers build there own browsers to begin with.
Is that browser only available to AOL users?

Regards,
SamuŽl