Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Include a HTML file into another

Include a HTML file into another

Ralf Koms

Hi,

I would like to include a HTML file into another.
So a main.html file should aggregate it's content by including other HTML
files.

So at various point some includes pointing to http://.../content1.html
should be present.

I do not want to use a serverside script language for that and do not want
to use IFrames/Frames.
JavaScript usage is ok, of course.

Thanks...

Karl Core

"Ralf Koms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to include a HTML file into another.
> So a main.html file should aggregate it's content by including other HTML
> files.
>
> So at various point some includes pointing to http://.../content1.html
> should be present.
>
> I do not want to use a serverside script language for that and do not want
> to use IFrames/Frames.
> JavaScript usage is ok, of course.

Of course. I mean, to hell with those 7-11% of people who don't have
javascript enabled or whose browsers don't support javascript at all.
**** em. Why bother using server-side scripting which preprocesses the
information and presents it as one page? Its pure rubbish! Let's **** about
with a dumb monkey language like Javascript!

-Karl

David Dorward

Ralf Koms wrote:

> I would like to include a HTML file into another.
> So a main.html file should aggregate it's content by including other HTML
> files.

There are dozens of server side solutions. The specifics depend on the
capabilities of your server.

> I do not want to use a serverside script language for that and do not want
> to use IFrames/Frames.

So you don't want to use the safe method, and you don't want to use the
crummy method that HTML allows.

> JavaScript usage is ok, of course.

Well ... you might be able to achieve something ... but it wouldn't work in
most browsers, wouldn't work in Google and would be insanely complicated
(oh, and a goodly chunk of the work would have to be done twice - once for
Mozilla and once for IE).

.... and now I've typed this I notice over in comp.lang.javascript ...

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Toby Inkster

Ralf Koms wrote:

> I do not want to use a serverside script language for that and do not want
> to use IFrames/Frames.

Use a preprocessor then.
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Incl...ile_in_another

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Juan Valdez

"Karl Core" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Of course. I mean, to hell with those 7-11% of people who don't have
>javascript enabled or whose browsers don't support javascript at all.
>**** em. Why bother using server-side scripting which preprocesses the
>information and presents it as one page? Its pure rubbish! Let's **** about
>with a dumb monkey language like Javascript!
>
>-Karl

Uh, Karl...I think it's time to switch to decaf.

--

Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.

brucie

In alt.html Karl Core said:

> Of course. I mean, to hell with those 7-11% of people who don't have
> javascript enabled or whose browsers don't support javascript at all.
> **** em. Why bother using server-side scripting which preprocesses the
> information and presents it as one page? Its pure rubbish! Let's **** about
> with a dumb monkey language like Javascript!

couldn't have said it better myself

--

v o i c e s