Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Should I revise chaotic content?

Should I revise chaotic content?

jcnews

I have been teaching myself web design for the past year. I am re-designing
a fairly popular website at the moment. The website is very chaotic looking
because the original author wrote the home page with many spelling errors
and redundancies (repeated key words) in an attempt to get a high search
engine ranking. The site is highly ranked on Google when searching for
those search words.

My question is: I want to redesign the site with a clean look, proper
English sentences, and proper spelling. Will this affect its search engine
rankings negatively? My thought is that major businesses don't write
rambling sentences that have spelling errors and redundancies but they still
get high search engine rankings.

Any advice? Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear and
concise English? I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it
will be a failed project.

Thank you.

brucie

In alt.internet.search-engines,alt.html jcnews said:

> I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it will be a
> failed project.

when i explained to my bank manager that to promote my business i was
just going to enter lotteries in the hope of winning poor quality free
advertising she laughed at me!

i thought she was going to pop a valve when i tried to reassure her that
it was ok because i had a secret formula for increasing my chances of
winning.

--

v o i c e s

Big Bill

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:43:54 +1000, brucie <****@usenetshit.info>
wrote:

>In alt.internet.search-engines,alt.html jcnews said:
>
>> I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it will be a
>> failed project.

>when i explained to my bank manager that to promote my business i was
>just going to enter lotteries in the hope of winning poor quality free
>advertising she laughed at me!
>
>i thought she was going to pop a valve when i tried to reassure her that
>it was ok because i had a secret formula for increasing my chances of
>winning.

You're new around here aren't you?

BB
www.kruse.co.uk Qualified SEO

brucie

In alt.internet.search-engines,alt.html Big Bill said:

> You're new around here aren't you?

no, the OP xposted into alt.obsessive-compulsive-disorders ... mmmm.....
i mean alt.internet.search-engines oops.

--

v o i c e s

Toby Inkster

jcnews wrote:

> Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear and concise
> English?

If you spell things correctly and write well, then more people will like
the site. If more people like the site, more people will link to it. If
more people link to it, it will go up in Google.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Big Bill

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:44:37 +0100, Toby Inkster
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>jcnews wrote:
>
>> Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear and concise
>> English?

>If you spell things correctly and write well, then more people will like
>the site. If more people like the site, more people will link to it. If
>more people link to it, it will go up in Google.

What is this, the alt.html away day?

BB
www.kruse.co.uk Qualified SEO

Michael G. Schneider

"jcnews" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:qjnad.8804$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...

> Any advice? Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear
> and
> concise English? I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it
> will be a failed project.

I would not advise to write incorrect English for gaining high Google
ranking. But you should be aware of the fact, that Google is not very strong
in grammatical rules. So you should help Google in understanding your
message. Be aware of Google's minimal semantical analysis of your page and
with this knowledge in mind, write your text in correct English.

Michael G. Schneider

SpaceGirl

Big Bill wrote:

> You're new around here aren't you?
>
> BB
> www.kruse.co.uk Qualified SEO

Is that supposed to be a joke? I've no idea who YOU are but Brucie has
been around here forever!

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

SpaceGirl

Michael G. Schneider wrote:
> "jcnews" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:qjnad.8804$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>

>>Any advice? Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear
>>and
>>concise English? I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it
>>will be a failed project.

> I would not advise to write incorrect English for gaining high Google
> ranking. But you should be aware of the fact, that Google is not very strong
> in grammatical rules. So you should help Google in understanding your
> message. Be aware of Google's minimal semantical analysis of your page and
> with this knowledge in mind, write your text in correct English.
>
> Michael G. Schneider

I dont want to sound mean Michael, but your post seems somewhat laden
with accidental irony...

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Michael G. Schneider

"SpaceGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I dont want to sound mean Michael, but your post seems somewhat
> laden with accidental irony...

No irony at all. Honestly. My advise was meant seriously.

What made you think so? Or do you believe, that I am incorrect?

Michael G. Schneider

Re: May have to revise my site's 404 page. OldGringo38 Computer Support 0 07-31-2010 08:49 PM
Need to revise my JNLP file Ramon F Herrera Java 11 07-13-2009 05:03 PM
revise this code matrix Java 0 11-04-2006 03:19 PM
revise my code matrix Java 2 11-04-2006 02:48 AM
Help a newbie revise my program Sean Berry Python 2 04-26-2004 06:16 AM

Advertisments