Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > where do I find the messages ?

where do I find the messages ?

Paul Johnson

I have created a text box with a submit button and a reset button as follows
<FORM>
<P> Drop me a line..
<BR><TEXTAREA NAME="comment" ROWS="6" COLS="40" WRAP></TEXTAREA></P>
<P><INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Send">
<INPUT TYPE="reset" VALUE="Clear above type"></P>

I am not clear about where the submitted message goes for me to pick it up.
I do not know what to look for. Does each message auto generate its own
file? I am a newbie at this sort of thing. My webpage is one that is hosted
by geocities.
Paul

brucie

In alt.html Paul Johnson said:

> I have created a text box with a submit button

and its dodgy. you really need to do some basic forms tutorials
http://webreference.com/programming/forms.html

please don't multipost.

What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple newsgroups?
http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

--

v o i c e s

Hywel

In article <ezR9d.96$(E-Mail Removed)>, Paul Johnson
says...
> I have created a text box with a submit button and a reset button as follows
> <FORM>
> <P> Drop me a line..
> <BR><TEXTAREA NAME="comment" ROWS="6" COLS="40" WRAP></TEXTAREA></P>
> <P><INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Send">
> <INPUT TYPE="reset" VALUE="Clear above type"></P>
>
> I am not clear about where the submitted message goes for me to pick it up.

If that's your form, there is no message. You need some sort of server-
side processing to deal with the data that's submitted via the form.

A form tutorial would be a good start. Try http://www.w3schools.com/

> Does each message auto generate its own file?

No.

> I am a newbie at this sort of thing.

Most of us were at some point. It's easy once you get the hang of
things.

--
Hywel

http://sponsorhywel.org.uk/