Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS and print media

CSS and print media

Shank

I need to setup a printable query results page. So far I've been using trial
and error settings in CSS. I'm sure there's a better way. How can I do
things like 1/2" margins all around and my table 100% width within those
boundaries. Then things like row heights of 3/8" or columns 1" wide.

How certain can I be that it will print the same on most user's printers?

thanks!

brucie

In alt.html Shank said:

> How certain can I be that it will print the same on most user's printers?

you can be certain it will not print the same on most users printers. if
you feel you need a bit of control on printed material then use
something like pdf.

--
i t ' s t h e l i t t l e v o i c e s

Toby Inkster

brucie wrote:
> In alt.html Shank said:
>
>> How certain can I be that it will print the same on most user's printers?

> you can be certain it will not print the same on most users printers.

True. A page will print differently on an A4 sheet in a Colour Laser
Printer than it will on a US Letter sized sheet in a black-and-white
dot-matrix printer.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Re: media="print" css-problem? kmsiever HTML 3 05-14-2004 11:36 PM
media="print" css-problem? Mika HTML 4 05-13-2004 08:16 PM
Re: media="print" css-problem? kmsiever HTML 1 05-13-2004 07:45 PM