Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Overriding _top target

Overriding _top target

Jon Glazer

We are implementing an application in a frame that seems to have a lot of
"target=_top" links which, as predicted, pulls the app out of the frame its
supposed to stay in. Is there a way to force "_top" to be the frame it is
to reside in?

Thanks!
Jon

Philip Ronan

On 7/10/04 3:42 pm, Jon Glazer wrote:

> We are implementing an application in a frame that seems to have a lot of
> "target=_top" links which, as predicted, pulls the app out of the frame its
> supposed to stay in. Is there a way to force "_top" to be the frame it is
> to reside in?

Nope.

The best you can do is use a batch processing editor to delete all these
target attributes.

Phil
--
Philip Ronan

Noozer

"Philip Ronan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BD8B24F3.23244%(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 7/10/04 3:42 pm, Jon Glazer wrote:
>
> > We are implementing an application in a frame that seems to have a lot

of
> > "target=_top" links which, as predicted, pulls the app out of the frame

its
> > supposed to stay in. Is there a way to force "_top" to be the frame it

is
> > to reside in?

> Nope.
>
> The best you can do is use a batch processing editor to delete all these
> target attributes.

I agree, but have you tried naming the parent form "_top"? Don't know if it
will work but worth a shot.

BTW, just wondering if "_parent" is a valid reference to the parent
container for a frame?

DU

Jon Glazer wrote:
> We are implementing an application in a frame that seems to have a lot of
> "target=_top" links which, as predicted, pulls the app out of the frame its
> supposed to stay in. Is there a way to force "_top" to be the frame it is
> to reside in?
>
> Thanks!
> Jon

Yes. Just rename target="_self" or remove the target.

DU
--
The site said to use Internet Explorer 5 or better... so I switched to
Mozilla 1.7.3

Any hints why Firefox won't honor target=_top? .._.. HTML 4 12-10-2009 01:14 AM
a target=_top in iframes ojorus HTML 4 08-27-2007 09:26 AM
IE _top linking buggy? workaround available? Thomas Maier-Komor HTML 16 03-22-2006 02:57 PM
servlets - redirecting to a new url and _top browser ppcguy Java 0 07-28-2005 08:35 PM
asp:button and response.redirect _top Jim in Arizona ASP .Net 5 02-02-2005 09:38 PM

Advertisments