Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS positioning problem

CSS positioning problem

Susanne Kaufmann

I have got a site with a top box, and (normally) three columns under this
top box. This is no problem. But now i try to make 4 seperate boxes out of
the mid column. I get it work, but it's not really optimal....perhaps
someone knows a better way than this:

/* CSS Document */
body {
color:#333;
background-color:white;
margin:20px;
padding:0px;
font:11px verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
}

..top{
background:silver;
border:1px dashed black;
margin:0px;
padding:0px;
height:60px;
margin:0 -15px 0 -15px;
}

..navAlpha{
background:gainsboro;
padding:10px;
border:1px dashed black;
width:150px;
height:400px;
margin-left:5px;
position:absolute; left:0px;top:90px;}

..content{
padding:10px;
border:1px dashed black;
margin:0 165px 0 165px;

margin-top:8px;}

..navBeta{
background:gainsboro;
padding: 10px;
border: 1px dashed black;
width:150px;
height:400px;
margin-right:5px;
position:absolute; right:0px;top:90px;}

..content_split{
padding:0px;
margin:0 165px 0 165px;

margin-top:8px;
}

..box1, .box2{
width:47.1%;
height:230px;
background:white;
padding:9px;
border: 1px solid black;
}

..box1{float:left;}

One problem is the height: i want that the height of the heighest box is the
height of the other. So, if box1 is 300px height, box2 should be, too.

Thanks for any help,

Susanne Kaufmann

brucie

In alt.html Susanne Kaufmann said:

> I have got a site with a top box, and (normally) three columns under this
> top box. This is no problem. But now i try to make 4 seperate boxes out of
> the mid column.

URL?

--
i t ' s t h e l i t t l e v o i c e s

CSS Positioning Problem Anon HTML 1 05-05-2006 02:58 PM
CSS positioning problem IE 6.0/7 // FF 1.5 Alexander Nagelmann HTML 2 04-15-2006 07:11 PM
Problem with CSS positioning HTML 5 11-12-2004 10:45 PM
Problem with css positioning Christoph Blank HTML 0 10-06-2003 05:27 PM
CSS positioning: 3px problem Daan HTML 3 09-21-2003 10:31 PM

Advertisments