Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to disable submit button w/o JS?

How to disable submit button w/o JS?

Brett

How do I disable a form submit button without using Javascript, Flash or
similar technologies? I'd like to allow only one click on the submit
button. This sends a page to the server. Once a result is returned, the
submit button is enabled.

Thanks,
Brett

Dylan Parry

As an authority on the subject, Brett proclaimed:

> How do I disable a form submit button without using Javascript, Flash or
> similar technologies?

Without using *any* form of scripting, you can't. HTML is not a scripting
language, and is incapable of doing anything dynamically - such as what
you want.

--
Dylan Parry
http://webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references

brucie

In alt.html Brett said:

> How do I disable a form submit button without using Javascript, Flash or
> similar technologies? I'd like to allow only one click on the submit
> button. This sends a page to the server. Once a result is returned, the
> submit button is enabled.

you're thinking about it the wrong way. design so it doesn't matter how
many times the submit button is pressed, only accept one press.

--
i t ' s t h e l i t t l e v o i c e s

Jeffrey Silverman

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 07:55:51 -0400, Brett wrote:

> How do I disable a form submit button without using Javascript, Flash or
> similar technologies? I'd like to allow only one click on the submit
> button. This sends a page to the server. Once a result is returned, the
> submit button is enabled.
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

If there is a server response involved, you could use some sort of
server-side scripting to send back a page with an enabled or disabled
button, as appropriate. The disabled button could be just an image of a
button. And the enabled button would be the real button, of course. But
the enabled button is only included in the page if the server gets the
appropriate signal.

But, of course, a scripting language would have to be involved.
Server-side, in this case.

HTML alone can't make any decisions based on input.

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

Drop "PANTS" to reply by email