Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Selected Input color

Selected Input color

Paul Nash

I am trying to color coordinate my wenpage. But I cant work out how to
specify the color of a selected option. I always get white color on
dark-blue background. How do I change this ?

Edwin van der Vaart

Paul Nash wrote:
> I am trying to color coordinate my wenpage. But I cant work out how to
> specify the color of a selected option. I always get white color on
> dark-blue background. How do I change this ?

You mean like this?
<head>
<!--
optgroup {
color: #FFF;
background: #000;
}
option {
color: #000;
background: #FF6;
}
-->
</head>
<optgroup label="Campbelltown">
<option value="sb21">Springbank 21 yr.</option>
<option value="sb15">Springbank 15 yr.</option>
<option value="sb12">Springbank 12 yr.</option>
<option value="glsc">Glen Scotia</option>
</optgroup>
<optgroup label="Highland">
<option value="rlsr">Royal Lochnager Selected Reserve</option>
<option value="ob14">Oban 14 yr.</option>
<option value="ldb10">Lock Dhu Black 10 yr.</option>
<option value="hp12">Highland Park 12 yr.</option>
<option value="gm71">Glenmorangie 1971 Vintage.</option>
</optgroup>
</fieldset></select>
--
Edwin van der Vaart

brucie

In alt.html Paul Nash said:

> I am trying to color coordinate my wenpage. But I cant work out how to
> specify the color of a selected option.

some browsers like the style on the <select> and some like it on the
<option> so do it on both to cover your sexy little bottom:

select,option{color:lime;background:red;}

browser support varies and is also effected by user preferences

> I always get white color on dark-blue background.

they're your system default colors

--
l i t t l e v o i c e s m a k e m e

Steve Pugh

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:50:08 +1300, "Paul Nash" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am trying to color coordinate my wenpage. But I cant work out how to
>specify the color of a selected option. I always get white color on
>dark-blue background. How do I change this ?

The CSS3 :checked selector might work, one day in some browsers.
But right now, no you can't do anything about it.

Steve

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:50:08 +1300, "Paul Nash" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to color coordinate my wenpage. But I cant work out how to
> >specify the color of a selected option. I always get white color on
> >dark-blue background. How do I change this ?

> The CSS3 :checked selector might work, one day in some browsers.
> But right now, no you can't do anything about it.
>
> Steve

When is CSS3 likely to begin working? In one year?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk/sv/italien-karta.html

Steve Pugh

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> The CSS3 :checked selector might work, one day in some browsers.
>> But right now, no you can't do anything about it.

>When is CSS3 likely to begin working? In one year?

Some parts of it work now in some browsers.
Some parts will work next year in some browsers.
Some parts will work in two years time in some browsers.
Some parts wlll never work in some browsers.

For various values of 'some'.

Which parts are you interested in?

Steve

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> >news(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >>
> >> The CSS3 :checked selector might work, one day in some browsers.
> >> But right now, no you can't do anything about it.

> >When is CSS3 likely to begin working? In one year?

> Some parts of it work now in some browsers.
> Some parts will work next year in some browsers.
> Some parts will work in two years time in some browsers.
> Some parts wlll never work in some browsers.
>
> For various values of 'some'.
>
> Which parts are you interested in?

> Steve

Are there any parts which are likely to be rendered by all or at least most
browsers within one year?
Which ones?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk/sv/italien-karta.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

Steve Pugh

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:27:55 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >
>> >When is CSS3 likely to begin working? In one year?

>> Some parts of it work now in some browsers.
>> Some parts will work next year in some browsers.
>> Some parts will work in two years time in some browsers.
>> Some parts wlll never work in some browsers.
>>
>> For various values of 'some'.
>>
>> Which parts are you interested in?

>Are there any parts which are likely to be rendered by all or at least most
>browsers within one year?

Yes.

>Which ones?

The parts that are the same as CSS1 and 2.

Remember that CSS3 is still a work in progress. The spec is finished
yet so you can't expect browser support, especially as the development
of the world's most popular browser is frozen at 2001 levels and is
likely to stay frozen for there for another couple of years.

Some parts of the spec are more stable than others (selectors being
one of the stable parts) and support is starting to appear in browsers
that are under active development.

Steve

Steve Pugh

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 07:31:57 +0100, Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Remember that CSS3 is still a work in progress. The spec is finished

.... is NOT finished ...

Sigh

Steve

SpaceGirl

brucie wrote:

> some browsers like the style on the <select> and some like it on the
> <option> so do it on both to cover your sexy little bottom:
>
> select,option{color:lime;background:red;}

lime and red...! gorgeous!

*throws up*

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)