Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Hex

Shabam

Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
opening/closing html tags? I believe using hex is one way. Can someone
provide sample codes? Thanks.

Sid Ismail

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:59:48 -0700, "Shabam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
: opening/closing html tags? I believe using hex is one way. Can someone
: provide sample codes? Thanks.

&lt; and &gt; ?

If your IQ is &lt;80, then you are not a super-brainy.

Sid

Sam Hughes

"Shabam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:HMSdneCeSpFUl_7cRVn-

> Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
> opening/closing html tags?

If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and &gt;.

Shabam

> > Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
> > opening/closing html tags?

> If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
> want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and

&gt;.

I've seen how some pages obfuscate their html code by using hex. However
they all seem to require javascript to render it. However, my application
will be stripping out all "<" and ">" tags with "&lt;" and "&gt;", so the
javascript will be innocuated.

Are there any other ways to enter "<" and ">" into a page and have it render
as html? Just want to rule out any other possibilities.

Edwin van der Vaart

Shabam schreef:
>>>Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
>>>opening/closing html tags?

>>If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
>>want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and

> &gt;.
>
> I've seen how some pages obfuscate their html code by using hex. However
> they all seem to require javascript to render it. However, my application
> will be stripping out all "<" and ">" tags with "&lt;" and "&gt;", so the
> javascript will be innocuated.
>
> Are there any other ways to enter "<" and ">" into a page and have it render
> as html? Just want to rule out any other possibilities.

Then perhaps you can use document.write (javascript) or use print (php).
--
Edwin van der Vaart

Owen Jacobson

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:33:08 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

>>>If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
>>>want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and

>> &gt;.
>>
>> I've seen how some pages obfuscate their html code by using hex. However
>> they all seem to require javascript to render it. However, my application
>> will be stripping out all "<" and ">" tags with "&lt;" and "&gt;", so the
>> javascript will be innocuated.
>>
>> Are there any other ways to enter "<" and ">" into a page and have it render
>> as html? Just want to rule out any other possibilities.

> Then perhaps you can use document.write (javascript) or use print (php).

I think what he's actually asking is "are there any other characters that
can act as tag delimiters". The answer, as far as I know, is "no". SGML
may or may not define others (I honestly don't know); no browser I know of
accepts any other symbols for tag delimiters.

--
Some say the Wired doesn't have political borders like the real world,
but there are far too many nonsense-spouting anarchists or idiots who

hex string to hex value tim Python 8 11-23-2005 06:27 PM
[Fwd: Re: hex string to hex value] tim Python 2 11-23-2005 07:18 AM
Hex Color Codes - Hex 6 <=> Hex 3 lucanos@gmail.com HTML 10 08-18-2005 11:21 PM
hex value in string back to real hex value jack Python 4 09-08-2004 07:11 AM
hex(-5) => Futurewarning: ugh, can't we have a better hex than '-'[:n<0]+hex(abs(n)) ?? Bengt Richter Python 6 08-19-2003 07:33 AM

Advertisments