Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Is "longdesc" recognized by screen readers?

Is "longdesc" recognized by screen readers?

Karl Core

All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.
Can anyone tell me whether longdesc is actually recognized by screen
readers?

TIA

-Karl

jake

In message <cjuhq4$es7$(E-Mail Removed)>, Karl Core
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.
>Can anyone tell me whether longdesc is actually recognized by screen
>readers?
>
>TIA
>
>-Karl

Yes. In HPR it is.

It sets up a link called 'image description'.

http://www.gododdin.demon.co.uk/ng/HPR01Y.JPG (67k)

regards.
--
Jake

Edwin van der Vaart

Karl Core schreef:
> All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

Why not finding a crack at http://www.astalavista.com (watch out for
pop-up and porn).
--
Edwin van der Vaart

brucie

In alt.html Karl Core said:

> All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

steal them from the home of someone who uses them and just for a laugh
move the furniture around before you leave.

http://www.juicystudio.com/assistivedeviceschart.asp

--
l i t t l e v o i c e s m a k e m e

Sam Hughes

Edwin van der Vaart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:WxB8d.167
$fQ5.144@amstwist00:

> Karl Core schreef:
>> All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

> Why not finding a crack at http://www.astalavista.com (watch out for
> pop-up and porn).

That's illegal.

Just so you know.

Some people have respect for the law or the people who worked on those
programs.

Edwin van der Vaart

Sam Hughes schreef:
> Edwin van der Vaart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:WxB8d.167
> $fQ5.144@amstwist00:
>
>>Karl Core schreef:
>>
>>>All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

>>Why not finding a crack at http://www.astalavista.com (watch out for
>>pop-up and porn).

> That's illegal.

What's illegal?
The pop-up, the porn or the cracks )

> Just so you know.

Yeah, I know.

> Some people have respect for the law or the people who worked on those
> programs.

I respect also the programmers and the law.
Some programs are, sometimes, too expensive to buy. Then I considder to
use a trail crack. If I really want the program, then I buy the full
version.
--
Edwin van der Vaart

Karl Core

"brucie" <****@usenetshit.info> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In alt.html Karl Core said:
>> Can anyone tell me whether longdesc is actually recognized by screen
>> readers?

> http://www.juicystudio.com/assistivedeviceschart.asp

I love you, Brucie.

-Karl

brucie

In alt.html Karl Core said:

> I love you, Brucie.

it would mean so much more in person

--
l i t t l e v o i c e s m a k e m e

Neal

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:44:54 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Some programs are, sometimes, too expensive to buy. Then I considder to
> use a trail crack. If I really want the program, then I buy the full
> version.

Your TV is too expensive for me to buy, so I'll just come take yours. If I
decide I really like it, I'll return it and pony up the dough to buy my
own.

(awaiting the expected argument, prepared)

Edwin van der Vaart

--
Edwin van der Vaart