Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS border problem

CSS border problem

[KS]

Steve Pugh

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:02:21 -0400, "[KS]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am facing a styling problem with the border style type. The page I'm
>refering to is http://www.geocities.com/boneywasawarriorvayayix/
>
>It contains snippets of news items each enclosed with a brown border
>supposed to be dashed. However, it is rendered as solid (in Gecko based
>browsers). Could anyone explain why it is like that? Is it something I'm
>doing wrong which causes it to appear solid.

The borders on the header and footer are showing up dashed/dotted so
maybe its the -moz rounded corners? What happens when you remove them?

Whole page is nicely screwed up by IE isn't it?

Steve

Mitja

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a styling problem with the border style type.
> The page I'm refering to is
> http://www.geocities.com/boneywasawarriorvayayix/

No idea. Just two other quick tips:
1) Instead of saying "./foo/bar.html" you can say "foo/bar.html" with the same effect.
2) wayayix is spelled with an "W"

[KS]

[KS]

[KS]

Steve Pugh wrote:

> Whole page is nicely screwed up by IE isn't it?

Now that you talked about it, I was tempted to check how it looked under
IE. I checked with my friend's laptop running Win98 IE6.0 with latest
updates. Surprisingly, IE does "gracefully" degrade the page without
loosing any readable content.

Phew!! I don't care much how IE renders it. The only good thing about it
was that it didn't loose any text.