Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Auto-resizing stops working in tables when copied...

Auto-resizing stops working in tables when copied...

Ernie Sty

I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into a
template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames are, I
already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and these pages
will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required for this project.)
In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see all at once and you have
to scroll to the side to see them, but in the original pages, the tables
automatically resize, wrapping the text in each column so that you don't
have to scroll to the side...

How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic resizing
attribute?

Theo

"Ernie Sty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into
> a template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames
> are, I already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and
> these pages will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required
> for this project.) In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see
> all at once and you have to scroll to the side to see them, but in the
> original pages, the tables automatically resize, wrapping the text in
> each column so that you don't have to scroll to the side...
>
> How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
> resizing attribute?

Just a thought, check if the tables are set to a fixed width or
percentages. If you have nested tables, one of those could have a fixed
width. Check the original to see if it resizes at the extremes... very
big windows and very small.

Karl Core

"Ernie Sty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into a
> template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames are, I
> already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and these pages
> will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required for this
> project.)
> In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see all at once and you
> have
> to scroll to the side to see them, but in the original pages, the tables
> automatically resize, wrapping the text in each column so that you don't
> have to scroll to the side...
>
> How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
> resizing
> attribute?

URL?
Have you validated the markup?

-Karl

Ernie Sty

"Ernie Sty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into a
> template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames are, I
> already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and these pages
> will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required for this

project.)
> In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see all at once and you

have
> to scroll to the side to see them, but in the original pages, the tables
> automatically resize, wrapping the text in each column so that you don't
> have to scroll to the side...
>
> How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic

resizing
> attribute?

I finally figured it out. I did a global find and replace and replaced the
cost "width=" with nothing. BAM! Fixed it right up.

How to get database metadata information (i.e. existing tables and columns in tables) Chris Brat Python 5 08-22-2006 05:25 PM
Working connection stops working? Gary Fritz Wireless Networking 6 06-14-2006 12:51 PM
Wireless Stops Working Norbert Lieckfeldt Wireless Networking 1 09-05-2004 12:28 AM
Tables within tables Otuatail HTML 7 08-02-2004 04:42 AM
Text after 2 tables actually appears between 2 tables ! Peter Bassett HTML 3 08-15-2003 06:46 PM

Advertisments