Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > float problems

float problems

King of Red Lions

Hey I have 2 divs on my page, one floating to the right of another.
This works fine except the div that is floating to the right is right up
against the right margin of the page and has about 400px in between
itself and the first div. How can I solve this? Many thanks in advance!

Neal

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:13:41 +0100, King of Red Lions <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hey I have 2 divs on my page, one floating to the right of another. This
> works fine except the div that is floating to the right is right up
> against the right margin of the page and has about 400px in between
> itself and the first div. How can I solve this? Many thanks in advance!

Show me the URL! Say it!

King of Red Lions

Neal wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:13:41 +0100, King of Red Lions <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hey I have 2 divs on my page, one floating to the right of another.
>> This works fine except the div that is floating to the right is right
>> up against the right margin of the page and has about 400px in between
>> itself and the first div. How can I solve this? Many thanks in advance!

> Show me the URL! Say it!

http://www.paradisa.net/blog2/index.php

Neal

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:09:26 +0100, King of Red Lions <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Hey I have 2 divs on my page, one floating to the right of another.
>>> This works fine except the div that is floating to the right is right
>>> up against the right margin of the page and has about 400px in between
>>> itself and the first div. How can I solve this?

> http://www.paradisa.net/blog2/index.php

What would you rather have happen? Any number of ways to do something
different.

Noozer

"King of Red Lions" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cjhb8o$rgt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey I have 2 divs on my page, one floating to the right of another.
> This works fine except the div that is floating to the right is right up
> against the right margin of the page and has about 400px in between
> itself and the first div. How can I solve this? Many thanks in advance!

If you float it right, why wouldn't you expect it to be on the rigth side of
the page?

King of Red Lions

Noozer wrote:
> "King of Red Lions" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cjhb8o$rgt$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hey I have 2 divs on my page, one floating to the right of another.
>>This works fine except the div that is floating to the right is right up
>>against the right margin of the page and has about 400px in between
>>itself and the first div. How can I solve this? Many thanks in advance!

> If you float it right, why wouldn't you expect it to be on the rigth side of
> the page?

Yeah, I wanted it on the right of the blog div which is on the left.
It's on the correct side of it but just gone over too far! How can I
move it back over to the left so there's only about 50px between the 2 divs?

Mark Parnell

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:27:04 +0100, King of Red Lions <(E-Mail Removed)>
declared in alt.html:

> It's on the correct side of it but just gone over too far! How can I
> move it back over to the left so there's only about 50px between the 2 divs?

That's how it looks here already (Moz 1.7.3 and IE6, Win2k). Have you
changed the page?

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au