Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Stock Ticker

Stock Ticker

Dangerdarren

Does anyone know of any good services besides yahoo that allow you to show a
specific Live Toronto Stock exchange value embedded on a webpage. I'm
trying to do this for a corporate intranet and Yahoo is just too slow. If
it matters, the current scripting language is ASP.

Hope someone can help me...I've been looking forever.

Roy Schestowitz

Dangerdarren wrote:

> Does anyone know of any good services besides yahoo that allow you to show
> specific Live Toronto Stock exchange value embedded on a webpage. I'm
> trying to do this for a corporate intranet and Yahoo is just too slow. If
> it matters, the current scripting language is ASP.
>
> Hope someone can help me...I've been looking forever.

I think you might be looking for something like Barchart. See:

http://schestowitz.com/inddet.htm

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com

Mitja

Dangerdarren wrote:
> Does anyone know of any good services besides yahoo that
> allow you to show a specific Live Toronto Stock exchange
> value embedded on a webpage. I'm trying to do this for a
> corporate intranet and Yahoo is just too slow. If it
> matters, the current scripting language is ASP.

Not exactly what you asked for: you can have a separate script on your server which connects to yahoo every five minutes or so and
downloads the newest charts (presumably an image). USer-end ASP scripts can then simply use the local image.