Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Background-color of tool tip

Background-color of tool tip

Tami Fischer

Hello there,

Can you change the background-color of tool tip?
When yes, how?

--
T. Fischer

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:18:26 +0900, Tami Fischer
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> Hello there,

G'day.

> Can you change the background-color of tool tip?

No. It is part of the OS, not your page.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Nik Coughin

Tami Fischer wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Can you change the background-color of tool tip?
> When yes, how?

One way that you might be able to do it... bit of a kludge though.

Disable tooltips with JavaScript (not sure how you would go about this, but
it's probably possible).

Make your own JS tooltips (there is lots of code around for this) with a
coloured background.

If they don't have JS enabled, they get the standard tooltip.

If they do have JS, the standard tooltip is disabled/hidden and they get
yours instead.

Toby Inkster

Nik Coughin wrote:

> Disable tooltips with JavaScript (not sure how you would go about this, but
> it's probably possible).

onmouseover="x=this.title;this.title='';"
onmouseout="this.title=x;"

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

SpaceGirl

Toby Inkster wrote:
> Nik Coughin wrote:
>

>>Disable tooltips with JavaScript (not sure how you would go about this, but
>>it's probably possible).

> onmouseover="x=this.title;this.title='';"
> onmouseout="this.title=x;"

Hmmm I like that. It work for two reasons; users without JS wouldnt get
an error, and it wouldn't mess up accessibility.

But still seems a daft thing to do.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Toby Inkster

SpaceGirl wrote:

> Hmmm I like that.

Of course you do. I made it. How could anyone not like it?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Vladdy

www.klproductions.com/kltooltips.html

--
Vladdy
http://www.klproductions.com

SpaceGirl

Toby Inkster wrote:
> SpaceGirl wrote:
>

>>Hmmm I like that.

> Of course you do. I made it. How could anyone not like it?

*grins* oh baby.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)