Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > best way to embed flahs

Reply
Thread Tools

best way to embed flahs

 
 
WindAndWaves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2004
Hi Gurus

Can anyone tell me what the best way is to embed flash into an html page. I
mean, I know how to do it, but I was wondering what is the best practice.

TIA

- Nicolaas


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark Parnell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2004
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:10:15 +1200, WindAndWaves <(E-Mail Removed)>
declared in alt.html:

> Hi Gurus


What about me?

> Can anyone tell me what the best way is to embed flash into an html page. I
> mean, I know how to do it, but I was wondering what is the best practice.


http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
"Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
WebcastMaker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2004
In article <V_m6d.7744$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hi Gurus
>
> Can anyone tell me what the best way is to embed flash into an html page. I
> mean, I know how to do it, but I was wondering what is the best practice.


The best way is to publish your flash, then use the object tag that
Flash creates.
--
WebcastMaker
Webcasting for free
http://www.webentations.com
http://www.webcastmaker.com (CBT)
 
Reply With Quote
 
WindAndWaves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2004
thank you



"WebcastMaker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <V_m6d.7744$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
> > Hi Gurus
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what the best way is to embed flash into an html

page. I
> > mean, I know how to do it, but I was wondering what is the best

practice.
>
> The best way is to publish your flash, then use the object tag that
> Flash creates.
> --
> WebcastMaker
> Webcasting for free
> http://www.webentations.com
> http://www.webcastmaker.com (CBT)



 
Reply With Quote
 
WindAndWaves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2004
"Mark Parnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5qlvvx5iueo4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:10:15 +1200, WindAndWaves <(E-Mail Removed)>
> declared in alt.html:
>
> > Hi Gurus

>
> What about me?
>
> > Can anyone tell me what the best way is to embed flash into an html

page. I
> > mean, I know how to do it, but I was wondering what is the best

practice.
>
> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/
>
> --
> Mark Parnell
> http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
> "Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004




Thank you that second link was rather interesting.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark Parnell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2004
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:30:02 +1200, WindAndWaves <(E-Mail Removed)>
declared in alt.html:

> Thank you that second link was rather interesting.


Yes, the first one isn't really relevant to Flash - I just saw "embed"
and automatically stuck that link in.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
"Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004
 
Reply With Quote
 
WebcastMaker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2004
In article <J9o6d.7772$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> > http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm
> > http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/

> Thank you that second link was rather interesting.


You must remember, that using <embed> in the object tag is a work
around. And NOT using it is also a work around. Neither is perfect,
and both have their issues (the flashsatay article mentions a few).
--
WebcastMaker
Webcasting for free
http://www.webentations.com
http://www.webcastmaker.com (CBT)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Matrix
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-30-2004
Mark Parnell wrote:

> Yes, the first one isn't really relevant to Flash - I just saw "embed"
> and automatically stuck that link in.



Right!

"Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark Parnell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-30-2004
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:24:41 +0800, Matrix <(E-Mail Removed)> declared
in alt.html:
> Mark Parnell wrote:
>
>> Yes, the first one isn't really relevant to Flash - I just saw "embed"
>> and automatically stuck that link in.

>
> "Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004


LOL. I'm at work, so definitely no rum&coke for me.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
"Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004
 
Reply With Quote
 
WindAndWaves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-30-2004
> You must remember, that using <embed> in the object tag is a work
> around. And NOT using it is also a work around. Neither is perfect,
> and both have their issues (the flashsatay article mentions a few).



Yeah, basically it is impossible to do it perfect, unless to you get
hypertechnical. Oh well, then we just go back to the idea that as long as
it works it is 'sweet as' (kiwi for fine).

Thank you

- Nicolaas


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: What is the best way to embed a free podcats player? 123Jim HTML 1 08-20-2011 03:07 PM
Embed Mozilla ActiveX Browser Control or MSIE the easy WAY! sukhpalsingh@hotmail.com Java 0 03-23-2006 05:47 AM
Best way to embed html file in ASP.NET 2.0? forumnewbie2006@yahoo.com ASP .Net 2 02-03-2006 09:30 PM
Best way to embed html file in ASP.NET 2.0? forumnewbie2006@yahoo.com ASP .Net 0 02-03-2006 07:19 PM
What's the recommended way to embed (c), version, TM, etc in a class file? Al Koch Java 0 06-25-2005 03:48 AM



Advertisments