Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > early ecom crit

early ecom crit

mark | r

www.iosilver.co.uk/site/list.htm

www.iosilver.co.uk/site/product.htm

can y'all please have a look and let me know - DOES IT SELL, is it(does it
appear to be) easy to use?

mark

SpaceGirl

mark | r wrote:
> www.iosilver.co.uk/site/list.htm
>
> www.iosilver.co.uk/site/product.htm
>
> can y'all please have a look and let me know - DOES IT SELL, is it(does it
> appear to be) easy to use?
>
> mark

It's nice, but I'd probably reverse out all the colours. All the pale
colours wash out the silver of the rings - if it were a dark background
the rings would really stand out. But, I like the design anyway It
seems like it would be easy to use.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Jan Faerber

mark | r wrote:

> www.iosilver.co.uk/site/list.htm
>
> www.iosilver.co.uk/site/product.htm
>
> can y'all please have a look and let me know - DOES IT SELL, is it(does it
> appear to be) easy to use?
>
> mark

Yes, I agree with SpaceGirl.
I looks really good but to have just a simple white background
is a little bit 'wanted'. It does not really seem to be
the exact color. You can do it. But there are many colors.
This silver-green is very dominant. When you buy jewels
it is a very indiviual choice.

The other thing is that you have the prices on the first load.
'Don't talk about the money!' - If you want to buy a nice ring
money should not be the problem. It is a matter of taste.

--
Jan

http://213.47.90.11

Tomas Holm

Layout is easy and basic.
The colours are too soft IMO. I imagine your idea was to let the jewlery
"stand out" and let the rest of the contents stand back, but that does not
happen.
Why the "icon" by every category in the meny?

Another completly different question - will anyone buy jewlery online?

(I dont seem to be on a good mood today, do I?)

/Tomas

> www.iosilver.co.uk/site/list.htm
>
> www.iosilver.co.uk/site/product.htm
>
> can y'all please have a look and let me know - DOES IT SELL, is it(does it
> appear to be) easy to use?
>
> mark

mark | r

ah im trying not to repeat what we did with mad.neue.co.uk

"SpaceGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> mark | r wrote:
>> www.iosilver.co.uk/site/list.htm
>>
>> www.iosilver.co.uk/site/product.htm
>>
>> can y'all please have a look and let me know - DOES IT SELL, is it(does
>> it appear to be) easy to use?
>>
>> mark

> It's nice, but I'd probably reverse out all the colours. All the pale
> colours wash out the silver of the rings - if it were a dark background
> the rings would really stand out. But, I like the design anyway It
> seems like it would be easy to use.
>
> --
>

> x theSpaceGirl (miranda)
>
> # lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
> # remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #

mark | r

"Tomas Holm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BD7DBF63.1AC54%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Layout is easy and basic.
> The colours are too soft IMO. I imagine your idea was to let the jewlery
> "stand out" and let the rest of the contents stand back, but that does not
> happen.

Yup thats the reason - the images we're going to use a probably going to be
on bright backgrounds so it shouldnt be so washed out. ?(hopefully)

> Why the "icon" by every category in the meny?

why not?

> Another completly different question - will anyone buy jewlery online?

according to overture keyword research tool yes they do in their thousands a
month - even the big players are getting into the online market
www.geraldonline.co.uk (ratners) and fhinds are big bricks and mortar
operations that seem to be doing well (gerldonline is online only)

> (I dont seem to be on a good mood today, do I?)

cheer up ya mongy bleeder

mark

Toby Inkster

SpaceGirl wrote:

> It's nice, but I'd probably reverse out all the colours. All the pale
> colours wash out the silver of the rings - if it were a dark background
> the rings would really stand out.

True. I'm sure most people are familiar with the famous De Beer ads for
diamonds. (Spoof of one here - http://www.subliminalworld.org/debeer.jpg)

They use black backgrounds, white serif text and greyscale images (though
full colour images for the jewelry). It looks classy and makes the jewelry
stand out.

Of course, on a computer screen dark backgrounds and light serif text are
not very legible unless you whack up the font size.

Perhaps reverse the scheme then and use black serif text on a white
background, with greyscale images (and colour for the jewelry)? Then
perhaps the jewelry won't stand out quite as well though. Many jewelers
seem to add a grey shadow effect to get around that.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Now Playing ~ ./precious_roy_band/one_million_choices.ogg

Tomas Holm

> "Tomas Holm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BD7DBF63.1AC54%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Layout is easy and basic.
>> The colours are too soft IMO. I imagine your idea was to let the jewlery
>> "stand out" and let the rest of the contents stand back, but that does not
>> happen.

> Yup thats the reason - the images we're going to use a probably going to be
> on bright backgrounds so it shouldnt be so washed out. ?(hopefully)

Make sure, though...

>> Why the "icon" by every category in the meny?

> why not?

Because I think they are there because the software makes it possible to put
them there - and not because they serve a purpose. IMO - loose them.

>> Another completly different question - will anyone buy jewlery online?

> according to overture keyword research tool yes they do in their thousands a
> month - even the big players are getting into the online market
> www.geraldonline.co.uk (ratners) and fhinds are big bricks and mortar
> operations that seem to be doing well (gerldonline is online only)

Exciting! Personally I would never buy jewlery online...

>> (I dont seem to be on a good mood today, do I?)

> cheer up ya mongy bleeder

Thanks! (Though I understood half of that )

/Tomas

> mark

The Doormouse

"mark | r" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> www.iosilver.co.uk/site/list.htm

It might sell if I could read it.

The Doormouse

mark | r

let me guess... you dont like the grey text and you want it to stretch 100%
across the screen....

lol

mark

Popular ecom store ahmik.flock@gmail.com Computer Information 0 04-22-2008 11:53 AM
Popular ecom store Rashida HTML 0 02-16-2008 07:47 AM
scp crit 2 mark | r HTML 7 12-15-2005 04:55 PM
copy of CRIT from ADG mark | r HTML 3 05-25-2005 07:31 AM
GUI Crit mark | r HTML 1 09-18-2003 08:44 AM

Advertisments