Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Cache and AOL Optimized

Cache and AOL Optimized

Eugenio Callejas

Hello,

I have a site that I post a bi-montly newsletter on. However, everytime I
post a new newsletter, some of my customers report that they still only see
the older newlsetter...and I am 100% positive that the one that is posted is
the newer one only. I believe it is a problem with their Cache or using
something like AOL Optimized...I have placed these tags on my page, but this
has not fixed the problem:

Can anyone please help me...I am at my wits end!!!

Thanks,

-Eugene

Jim Higson

Eugenio Callejas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a site that I post a bi-montly newsletter on. However, everytime I
> post a new newsletter, some of my customers report that they still only
> see the older newlsetter...and I am 100% positive that the one that is
> posted is
> the newer one only. I believe it is a problem with their Cache or using
> something like AOL Optimized...I have placed these tags on my page, but
> this has not fixed the problem:
>
> Can anyone please help me...I am at my wits end!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Eugene

Try configuring the server to send out the http data in the headers, which
will probably take precidence over http-equiv meta tags.
Even so, they should only be getting the page slightly out of date if it is
a caching issue, and I'd expect it to go away as soon as they hit the
refresh button.

Adam Bailey

Eugenio Callejas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a site that I post a bi-montly newsletter on. However, everytime I
> post a new newsletter, some of my customers report that they still only see
> the older newlsetter...and I am 100% positive that the one that is posted is
> the newer one only. I believe it is a problem with their Cache or using
> something like AOL Optimized...

Information on dealing with AOL's caching servers can be found at:

http://webmaster.info.aol.com/caching.html

--
Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) | Finger/Web for PGP & S/MIME