Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > dropdown menu

dropdown menu

Joker7

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

The above dropdown menu I have been trying to make it work with a frameless
window ;ie to open a popup when the link is clicked,so the new link is in a
frameless window.

But can not get it to work has anyone an idea of how to make it work.

Thanks
Chris

Edwin van der Vaart

Joker7 schreef:
> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm
>
> The above dropdown menu I have been trying to make it work with a frameless
> window ;ie to open a popup when the link is clicked,so the new link is in a
> frameless window.
>
> But can not get it to work has anyone an idea of how to make it work.

Did you use target="_blank" to escape from the frame page.
Otherwise use a javascript to open a new window e.g.
Between the <head>
<script type="text/javascript">
var newWindow
function makeNewWindow() {
newWindow =

window.open("http://www.javascriptkit.com","sub","toolbar=yes,location =yes,resizable=yes,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,menub ar=yes,personalbar=yes,widht=800px,height=429px")
}

One of the link in the javascript menu
menu1[0]='<a href="http://www.javascriptkit.com"
onClick="makeNewWindow();return false">JavaScript Kit</a><br>'

See http://www.evandervaart.nl/test/horizontaal3/
--
Edwin van der Vaart

Joker7

"Edwin van der Vaart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: Joker7 schreef:
: > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm
:
: See http://www.evandervaart.nl/test/horizontaal3/
: --
: Edwin van der Vaart
: http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
: http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

Thanks Edwin works a treat now with the js file )

Thanks
Chris

Joker7

"Joker7" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
One problem how to add more than one link for the frameless windows ie: if
you had 2 or 3 links one needs to open in a frameless window ?

Chris