Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Returned value question

Returned value question

Nadero

Hello: I need to know if label below returns something by itsef. Maybe name
or name= ?

<form action='post.php' method=POST onSubmit='return(checkit())' name='info'
enctype='multipart/form-data'>
</form>

Thank you.
Obviously I am a bit newie

David Dorward

Nadero wrote:
> Hello: I need to know if label below returns something by itsef. Maybe
> name or name= ?

> <form action='post.php' method=POST onSubmit='return(checkit())'
> name='info' enctype='multipart/form-data'>
> </form>

What label? You don't have a <label> element in that code example. Are you
asking if a server side process can find out the value of the name
attribute of the form that is the source of submitted data? No, the
attribute (when attached to a form element) is only useful for client side
scripting (and is deprecated in favour of the id attribute).

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Nadero

Thank you very much David Dorward, you resolved my question.

I am a bit confused with forms about returned values to the server. I have
another similar doubt, by example with code bellow (due the "disabled"
specification):
<input name="Num" value="0" size="2" disabled>
:Will the server side process receive the value Num=0? If so, may I change
the value of "Num" with a Javascript (within the samen page), and then by
example return to the server Num=3?

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:cj4db6$301$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nadero wrote:
>> Hello: I need to know if label below returns something by itsef. Maybe
>> name or name= ?

>> <form action='post.php' method=POST onSubmit='return(checkit())'
>> name='info' enctype='multipart/form-data'>
>> </form>

> What label? You don't have a <label> element in that code example. Are you
> asking if a server side process can find out the value of the name
> attribute of the form that is the source of submitted data? No, the
> attribute (when attached to a form element) is only useful for client side
> scripting (and is deprecated in favour of the id attribute).

> Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

David Dorward

Nadero wrote:

Please don't top post.

> I am a bit confused with forms about returned values to the server. I have
> another similar doubt, by example with code bellow (due the "disabled"
> specification):
> <input name="Num" value="0" size="2" disabled>
> :Will the server side process receive the value Num=0?

http://w3.org/TR/html4/interact/form...#adef-disabled

"Disabled controls can not be successful"

http://w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.2

"When a form is submitted for processing, some controls have their name
paired with their current value and these pairs are submitted with the
form. Those controls for which name/value pairs are submitted are called
successful controls."

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is