Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > critique these sites please

critique these sites please

WebcastMaker

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ATSPAM says...
> >Run it through the validator and fix the few errors you have.

> I didnt create this site, just asking what your opinion of it is.
> It's like if I ask you to critique a movie, that doesnt mean I made it, right?

and you wasted our time because....
--
WebcastMaker
Webcasting for free

Neal

On 15 Sep 2004 01:55:24 GMT, Developwebsites
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Run it through the validator and fix the few errors you have.

> I didnt create this site, just asking what your opinion of it is.
> It's like if I ask you to critique a movie, that doesnt mean I made it,
> right?

For me to effectively critique it, the errors must be fixed. If you cannot
fix the errors, it's more difficult to critique. So not a terribly useful
exercise, I'm afraid.

Why is it you want it critiqued?

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Developwebsites ((E-Mail Removed))
feverishly typed...

>> Run it through the validator and fix the few errors you have.

> I didnt create this site, just asking what your opinion of it is.
> It's like if I ask you to critique a movie, that doesnt mean I made
> it, right?

Erm... in actual fact you asked no such thing. Sure, there was a question in
your subject line, but not in the body of your message.

And, if you ask for a critique of a website, it will usually be inferred
that you created it. That is the common situation in here.

Why did you want a critique of someone else's site? It would have been
useful if you had made this point in your original post.

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss
http://www.nigenet.org.uk

Jeffrey Silverman

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:34:37 +0000, Developwebsites wrote:

> http://www.siggraph.org

It would be nice if you actually included some content in the body of your
message/newsgroup posting rather than the rather cryptic one line.

Subject? Oh, I see. You have a subject line that explains what you want.
Well, you know, that is a pretty un-useful way to post to a newsgroup.

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | (E-Mail Removed) **
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

(** Drop "pants" to reply by email)

Sam Hughes

Jeffrey Silverman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:34:37 +0000, Developwebsites wrote:
>
>> http://www.siggraph.org

> It would be nice if you actually included some content in the body of
> your message/newsgroup posting rather than the rather cryptic one
> line.
>
> Subject? Oh, I see.

Wha? Who said subject? Are you hearing voices?

marcus@myrealbox.com

On 14 Sep 2004 01:34:37 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)ATSPAM (Developwebsites)
wrote:

>http://www.siggraph.org

The lack of common "look and feel" is very disconcerting.

For example, these pages:

http://www.siggraph.org/
(navigation bar along top and side menu)

http://www.siggraph.org/membership/#...ingProceedings
(navigation bar along top and side menu plus links within page)

http://www.siggraph.org/cgi-bin/helpdesk
(no navigation bar)

http://www.siggraph.org/gen-info/str...ing/index.html
(no navigation bar)

http://www.siggraph.org/calendar/
(no navigation bar)

It's difficult to feel like you are on the same site.

Please standardise the menus and navigation throughout the site.

regards
Marcus