Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Microsoft MediaPlayer

Microsoft MediaPlayer

MrC

I want to set up a page where there are 4 links to multimedia files.
When you click on a link an embedded Microsoft MediaPlayer will play the
file for that link. I already know how to embed the mediaplayer but
don't know how to do the links. This will override the MIME settings for
the browser.

Any help will be appreciated

Kris

In article
<esq0d.294186$(E-Mail Removed) ble.rogers.com>,
MrC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I want to set up a page where there are 4 links to multimedia files.
> When you click on a link an embedded Microsoft MediaPlayer will play the
> file for that link. I already know how to embed the mediaplayer but
> don't know how to do the links. This will override the MIME settings for
> the browser.

You need to link to the page that has the file embedded.

Someone is going to come in here soon and tell you why that is bad.
Listen to him.

--
Kris
<(E-Mail Removed)> (nl)

MrC

The files aren't embedded, the mediaplayer is.....

Kris wrote:

> In article
> <esq0d.294186$(E-Mail Removed) ble.rogers.com>,
> MrC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I want to set up a page where there are 4 links to multimedia files.
>>When you click on a link an embedded Microsoft MediaPlayer will play the
>>file for that link. I already know how to embed the mediaplayer but
>>don't know how to do the links. This will override the MIME settings for
>>the browser.

> You need to link to the page that has the file embedded.
>
> Someone is going to come in here soon and tell you why that is bad.
> Listen to him.

WebcastMaker

In article <GjA0d.6$(E-Mail Removed) m>,
> The files aren't embedded, the mediaplayer is.....

Actually unless you have a normal link to the file, they are considered
embedded.

But...

Using Javascript you can run the embedded player. Stop, start, load new
media, the whole shebang. Search MSDN for media player properties.

There are some caveats though, that being, it will not work for some
people, anywhere from 7%-15% depending on who you ask.
--
WebcastMaker
Webcasting for free

Spartanicus

MrC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to set up a page where there are 4 links to multimedia files.
>When you click on a link an embedded Microsoft MediaPlayer will play the
>file for that link.

1) Leave the choice of media player to the user, ideally by using a file
format which is not proprietary.

2) Don't embed, it won't work for a significant number of users:
http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

--
Spartanicus

MrC