Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Virus? Crash Opera Every Time - Link

Virus? Crash Opera Every Time - Link

nntp

http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/

try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

Randy Webb

nntp wrote:

> http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
>
> try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
> flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.
>
> Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

Probably something in that crappy Dreamweaver code. Validate, Validate,
and the Validate again.

--
Randy

Whatevah

nntp wrote:
> http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
>
> try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
> flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.
>
> Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

bad javascript, I'm not really a javascript coder, so I dunno what'
causing it... Hit F12, and uncheck "Enable JavaScript", reload the page
and it'll all stop.

--
Whatevah / Jerry Horn
Jerry {at} Whatevah.com (working address)

Randy Webb

Whatevah wrote:

> nntp wrote:
>
>> http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
>>
>> try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
>> flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.
>>
>> Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

> bad javascript, I'm not really a javascript coder, so I dunno what'
> causing it... Hit F12, and uncheck "Enable JavaScript", reload the page
> and it'll all stop.

*Very* bad javascript. Most of it is utter junk created by DreamWeaver.

--
Randy

Blinky the Shark

nntp wrote:

> http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/

> try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory
> leak, flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

It doesn't do any of that here: Opera 7.23. Although given all of the
flashing and scrolling and such, I would consider it a feature if it
did.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Stateful Adaptive Packet Destruction Enterprise-Class Gigabit
Intrusion Prevention System: http://snipurl.com/8j5d

rf

nntp wrote:

> http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
>
> try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
> flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.
>
> Can anyone point out which part of the page does that?

Why would anybody want to look at that page anyway. It's horrible.

--
Cheers
Richard.

Toby Inkster

nntp wrote:

> http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
> try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
> flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

Fine here (Opera 7.53, Linux), except that there seems to be some script
that forces it to reload every few seconds.

It's butt-ugly though.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

nntp

that is the one i am seeing here too. at first, it is just the page
reloading, then my whole windows including desktop refreshing, then it
crashes.
i want to know the code which leads to it, because it may be a new hole in
Opera unknown yet. so i hope to be the first one to discover it or the first
one to let another person to discover it.

> nntp wrote:
>
> > http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
> > try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
> > flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

> Fine here (Opera 7.53, Linux), except that there seems to be some script
> that forces it to reload every few seconds.
>
> It's butt-ugly though.
>
> --
> Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Michael Winter

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:28:56 GMT, nntp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> that is the one i am seeing here too. at first, it is just the page
> reloading, then my whole windows including desktop refreshing, then it
> crashes.
> i want to know the code which leads to it, because it may be a new hole
> in Opera unknown yet. so i hope to be the first one to discover it or
> the first one to let another person to discover it.

The first instance I found is (formatting altered to avoid wrap):

function MM_reloadPage(init) { //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
if (init==true) with (navigator) {
if ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight;
onresize=MM_reloadPage;
}
}
else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW
|| innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true)

from <URL:http://www.dabaoku.com/js/ad-top1.js>. Some of Dreamweaver's
standard, crappy JS code. It appears that the idiots haven't actually
defined document.MM_pgW and .MM_pgH, so the reload always occurs.

[snip]

Mike

When posting, please write in conversation order; place your response
beneath the text it addresses. Remaining quoted text which you are not
answering should be trimmed. Signatures should always be removed.

--
Michael Winter

Steve Pugh

"nntp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Toby Inkster wrote:
>> nntp wrote:
>>
>> > http://www.dabaoku.com/moban/
>> > try it in IE, Netscape and Opera. In Opera, it will lead a memory leak,
>> > flashing your whole windows and crash your Opera.

>> Fine here (Opera 7.53, Linux), except that there seems to be some script
>> that forces it to reload every few seconds.
>>
>> It's butt-ugly though.

>that is the one i am seeing here too. at first, it is just the page
>reloading, then my whole windows including desktop refreshing, then it
>crashes.

Doesn't crash anything here - Opera 7.52 on Win XP, just reloads
endlessly unless I disable JavaScript.

>i want to know the code which leads to it, because it may be a new hole in
>Opera unknown yet. so i hope to be the first one to discover it or the first
>one to let another person to discover it.

Seems to be a JS problem and I have seen it a few times before. Some
JS causes Opera to go into a reloading loop but I can't find which
particular JS does it.

This page has the standard Dreamweaver crud, which whilst ugly
shouldn't causes this problem. It has two external scripts that do
nothing but document.write some ads into the page. It has one external
script that returns a 404. And finally it has another external script
that's being served as text.html. I'd guess that the last one is the
problem but that is just a guess and I really haven't spent the time
to debug it properly.

If you want to isolate the bug make a copy of the page and eliminate
the script elements one-by-one until you find which one, or which
combination, is causing the problem.

Steve