Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > netscape problem

netscape problem

Andrew S.

having a problem with Netscape and firefox reading an h1 tag from the style
sheet.

h1 {
font-size: 100%;
font-weight: bold;
color: #ff6633
}

The site is http://bestbuyhomeloans.com

It is read in IE but not in Netscape or Firefox any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Andrew S.

Chris Beall

Andrew S. wrote:

> having a problem with Netscape and firefox reading an h1 tag from the style
> sheet.
>
> h1 {
> font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
> font-size: 100%;
> font-weight: bold;
> color: #ff6633
> }
>
> The site is http://bestbuyhomeloans.com
>
> It is read in IE but not in Netscape or Firefox any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Andrew S.

Andrew,

Looking at your CSS, I see two strange things:
- It starts with <style type="text/css">. Since you are already in a
CSS file, this is quite unnecessary. Remove it.
- You have placed your entire CSS inside HTML comment delimiters <!--
and -->. This is also quite unnecessary. Remove them.

After doing both of the above, let us know if things improve (or not).

Regards,
Chris Beall

David Dorward

Andrew S. wrote:

> having a problem with Netscape and firefox reading an h1 tag from the
> style sheet.

http://diveintomark.org/archives/200..._wont_help_you
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v....com/site2.css

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Andrew S.

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cglgs0$nvk$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andrew S. wrote:
>
>> having a problem with Netscape and firefox reading an h1 tag from the
>> style sheet.

> http://diveintomark.org/archives/200..._wont_help_you
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v....com/site2.css

> Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

OK I guess my eyes are getting foggy just found it after looking at it
scratching my head for an hour though it had something to do with Netscape.

Just didn't catch it!
Sometimes you just don't see something right in fount of you sticking out
like a sour thumb, If it was a sneak it would have bit me!

Thanks to all `;-}

Andrew S.