Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > htaccess question...

htaccess question...

mentalguy2004

Hi,

How do I use the htaccess file on my server to allow access from just one
(my) IP, but deny access to all others? I can allow everyone EXCEPT me, but
am having trouble doing it the other way. Thanks!

Els

mentalguy2004 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I use the htaccess file on my server to allow access
> from just one (my) IP, but deny access to all others? I can
> allow everyone EXCEPT me, but am having trouble doing it
> the other way. Thanks!

If you have !^ in the RewriteCond, change it to ^
If you only have ^ there, change it to !^

(If you are using a Rewrite for it that is)

Your question is better posted in alt.apache.configuration.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
Sonhos vem. Sonhos v„o. O resto ť imperfeito.

Kim Andrť AkerÝ

"mentalguy2004" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:RHLWc.14$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> How do I use the htaccess file on my server to allow access from just one
> (my) IP, but deny access to all others? I can allow everyone EXCEPT me,

but
> am having trouble doing it the other way. Thanks!

..htaccess:
---------------------
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from [your ip]
---------------------

If you want to allow additional IP addresses, just add one line for each IP
address or address range beginning with "Allow from".

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html#access
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_access.html

--
Kim Andrť AkerÝ
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

lostinspace

> How do I use the htaccess file on my server to allow access from just one
> (my) IP, but deny access to all others? I can allow everyone EXCEPT me,
> but
> am having trouble doing it the other way. Thanks!

Please note; these lines are not complete and require other lines.
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from hostname.example.com (or IP
range)http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html#allowdeny

Apache+MySQL+htaccess - nxt steps after authentication 11D.Universe@gmail.com Java 1 05-28-2005 08:36 PM
servlet et .htaccess Steve Java 1 05-06-2004 06:54 PM
.htaccess and perl cgi Stoco Perl 0 01-12-2004 08:13 PM
Re: .htaccess - batch rewrite/ redirect? David Dorward HTML 2 06-29-2003 03:19 PM
Re: .htaccess - batch rewrite/ redirect? John Bokma HTML 0 06-28-2003 03:14 PM

Advertisments