Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > swap image is slow

swap image is slow

Stijn Goris

Hi all,

My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript). When
I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on the
webserver swapimage is slow. Pinging www.s11mate.be resulted in a 137 ms
delay (not that much) and I get 300 KB/s download from that server. Since
JSript is a client side language how can the server interfere with it? I
also find the loading times of the site to slow. My provider blames my site
design which is too heavy but thats just a lot of crap since I reuse lots of
my pictures.

Some advice would be great

Stijn

SpaceGirl

Stijn Goris wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript). When
> I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on the
> webserver swapimage is slow. Pinging www.s11mate.be resulted in a 137 ms
> delay (not that much) and I get 300 KB/s download from that server. Since
> JSript is a client side language how can the server interfere with it? I
> also find the loading times of the site to slow. My provider blames my site
> design which is too heavy but thats just a lot of crap since I reuse lots of
> my pictures.
>
> Some advice would be great
>
> Stijn

The server cannot effect the way JS runs... it *has* to be something on
your site.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Toby Inkster

Stijn Goris wrote:

> My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript). When
> I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on the
> webserver swapimage is slow.

Does your javascript preload the swapped-in images?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Now Playing ~ ./dido/no_angel/05_all_you_want.ogg

Matt Clara

"Toby Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> Stijn Goris wrote:
>
> > My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript).

When
> > I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on

the
> > webserver swapimage is slow.

> Does your javascript preload the swapped-in images?

That's my first question, too. There also used to be a problem with Apache
servers and certain IE browsers where preloading simply wasn't happening,
even if specified. Whether that's been cleaned up now or not, I don't know.

--
Regards,
Matt Clara