Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to host live chat?

How to host live chat?

felipao

I'm developing a website for a community. I'd like to host now and the
a special event chat, where we'd have a special guest who we'
interview. Of course, we don't want everybody to talk at the same time
therefore have an option to mute everybody except the selecte
interviewers and the special guest.

Any clues as to how I could have this kind of chat on my site? I'v
searched and come across many chat programs for websites, but none o
them had this option to mute a certain group of users.

I thought about doing it irc then, but have not really a clue how t
program the irc into my site, so that visitors would not have to worr
about the complicated functions.

Any insight, suggestion or help will be greatly appreciated.

/felipa

-
felipa

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

"felipao" <(E-Mail Removed)4designers.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)4designers.com...

> I'm developing a website for a community. I'd like to host now and then
> a special event chat, where we'd have a special guest who we'd
> interview. Of course, we don't want everybody to talk at the same time,
> therefore have an option to mute everybody except the selected
> interviewers and the special guest.
>
> Any clues as to how I could have this kind of chat on my site? I've
> searched and come across many chat programs for websites, but none of
> them had this option to mute a certain group of users.
>
> I thought about doing it irc then, but have not really a clue how to
> program the irc into my site, so that visitors would not have to worry
> about the complicated functions.

Check with your host. Most hosts don't allow IRC based chatrooms. However,
if you are using a Cpanel host, you probably have a copy/paste chatroom
script available for your use. Ask your host.

--Tina

--
FREE: Web hosting accounts
HOSTING: Cpanel, Multi-domains, Resellers

Toby Inkster

felipao wrote:

> Subject: How to host live chat?

Print out some invitations. Post them. Wait a couple of days. Prepare a
big pot of coffee. Get the hob nobs out of the cupboard. Wait for the door
bell to ring. Let in the guests. Have a nice chat. Avoid religion and
politics.

Yuk.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Toby Inkster ((E-Mail Removed))
feverishly typed...

> felipao wrote:
>
>> Subject: How to host live chat?

> Print out some invitations. Post them. Wait a couple of days. Prepare
> a big pot of coffee. Get the hob nobs out of the cupboard. [...]

Chocolate hob nobs??

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss
http://www.nigenet.org.uk

Toby Inkster

nice.guy.nige wrote:
> Toby Inkster feverishly typed...
>> felipao wrote:
>>
>>> Subject: How to host live chat?

>> Print out some invitations. Post them. Wait a couple of days. Prepare
>> a big pot of coffee. Get the hob nobs out of the cupboard. [...]

> Chocolate hob nobs??

Only for the "special guests".

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS