Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > open form subbmit in new window of predetirmined size

open form subbmit in new window of predetirmined size

chris

what i want to do is using a form when the submit button is pressed it opens
a new window with the size set to predetimined dimensions

opening the window using target is fine but i want to restrict the size and
iff possible not havetoobars (however that is not as important

any idea's would be great

Mark Parnell

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:17:59 +0800, chris <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in
alt.html,alt.html.tags:

> what i want to do is using a form when the submit button is pressed it opens
> a new window with the size set to predetimined dimensions

You could possibly set up a macro or something, but I can't imagine it
would be easy. Much easier to just open the new window manually. You
could possibly add a bookmark with the Javascript info to set the window
size etc (assuming you have Javascript enabled), though I haven't ever
tried.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Somchai U.

I propose two methods for this question.

1. use the target="..." as usual in <form>. And the html code in
result page includes the javascript code to resive itself.

2. use the target="..." as usual in <form>, add code to onsubmi
eventt. The code is to open the new window (with the name and size you
want) just before the form is submitted.

Somchai U.
Brainbench MVP for HTML
http://www.brainbench.com/