Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS Warning when using text-justify

CSS Warning when using text-justify

Deryck

Hi,

I have a XHTML file and CSS file, both of which validate without errors but
the CSS validator gives a single warning:

" Line : 0 property text-justify does not exist for this profile, but is
validated conforming to another profile "

The offending lines of code are:

..cont {

text-align: justify;
text-justify: auto;

}

If anyone could explain why I get this message I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Deryck

David Dorward

Deryck wrote:

> I have a XHTML file and CSS file, both of which validate without errors
> but the CSS validator gives a single warning:
>
> " Line : 0 property text-justify does not exist for this profile, but is
> validated conforming to another profile "

You told it to check against CSS 2, but text-justify isn't part of CSS 2. It
is part of the CSS 3 draft.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

e n | c k m a

> If anyone could explain why I get this message I'd be grateful.

What the hell is text-justify? Get rid of it, it's not doing anything and
AFAIK it doesn't currently exist.

Hope that helps,

Nick.

Deryck

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cfkonc$9mp$1$(E-Mail Removed)...

> You told it to check against CSS 2, but text-justify isn't part of CSS 2.

It
> is part of the CSS 3 draft.

Blimey, that was quick. Thank you David. Is there anything in CSS2 that
would acheive the same effect?

Cheers

Deryck

David Dorward

Deryck wrote:

> Blimey, that was quick. Thank you David. Is there anything in CSS2 that
> would acheive the same effect?

Not haven't gotten around to reading about it in CSS 3 - I don't know. I'd
hazard a guess that there isn't though - otherwise there wouldn't be much
point in adding the property!

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Toby Inkster

Deryck wrote:

> Blimey, that was quick. Thank you David. Is there anything in CSS2 that
> would acheive the same effect?

You were using "text-justify:auto" which is default I think. Just leave it
out.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Deryck

"Toby Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) .uk...

> You were using "text-justify:auto" which is default I think. Just leave it
> out.

Hey you're right! Many thanks. So....if I try to override the default
value with the default value I get a warning. Hmmm.....

Deryck

David Dorward

Deryck wrote:

> Hey you're right! Many thanks. So....if I try to override the default
> value with the default value I get a warning. Hmmm.....

It isn't the default in CSS2, it doesn't exist in CSS2.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Deryck

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cfkr0c$32h$1$(E-Mail Removed)...

> It isn't the default in CSS2, it doesn't exist in CSS2.

I'm going to read the specs...I may be some time.

Deryck

Toby Inkster

Deryck wrote:

> I'm going to read the specs...I may be some time.

Yes, Captain Oates.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS