Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > xhtml checkbox

xhtml checkbox

mark | r

i have a form containing checkboxes, each checkbox has a width, but the
checkbox element is placed in the centre of the area (because of the width),
can this be moved to the left hand edge of the area leaving the space to the
right of the checkbox??

mark

Sam Hughes

"mark | r" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:411cbce2$0$29930$(E-Mail Removed) :

> i have a form containing checkboxes, each checkbox has a width,
> but the checkbox element is placed in the centre of the area
> (because of the width), can this be moved to the left hand edge of
> the area leaving the space to the right of the checkbox??

Could you please elaborate further or post a URL?

--
How to make it so visitors can't resize your fonts:
<http://www.rpi.edu/~hughes/www/wise_guy/unresizable_text.html>

mark | r

mark | r

thanks andrew, once again you've bailed me out

mark

Andrew Urquhart

*mark | r* wrote:
> http://sicl.neue.co.uk/about/questionnaire.asp
>
> mark

..dash input {width:200px;padding:0}

- is too generic, don't apply it to the checkboxes. Pragmatically
speaking you'll need to use a class and apply it to each input that
requires that width value, ideally it is as simple as:

..dash input[type=text] {width:200px;padding:0}
--
Andrew Urquhart
- FAQ: http://www.html-faq.com