Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > scrolling an entire frameset?

scrolling an entire frameset?

news

I understand how to allow scrolling inside frames of a frameset. But how can
I have the whole frameset scroll if someone's resolution isn't tall enough
to fit the entire frameset on their screen?

Sam Hughes

"news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:XFNSc.55$(E-Mail Removed):

> I understand how to allow scrolling inside frames of a frameset. But
> how can I have the whole frameset scroll if someone's resolution isn't
> tall enough to fit the entire frameset on their screen?

If you didn't use frames, these problems would not exist.

If you want to include files within one another, see about preprocessing or
SSI in <http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?include_one_file_in_another>.

Why are frames evil? <http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil>

You can problably get the entire frameset to scroll by putting it in an
inline frame. However, if you do so, you'll have _major_usability_issues_.

So the only good advice I can give you is to stop using frames.

--
Anqdc>

Els

news wrote:

> I understand how to allow scrolling inside frames of a
> frameset. But how can I have the whole frameset scroll if
> someone's resolution isn't tall enough to fit the entire
> frameset on their screen?

Quick answer:
Put the frames in another frame.

Correct answer: