Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Require help getting Extropia guestbook installed.

Require help getting Extropia guestbook installed.

The perl version of Extropias guestbook is what my hosting company has
installed on their server so I figured I may as well try and add it to the website
I built for a friend. I'm at wits end though attempting to figure out how to
incorporate it into the site.

From what I read it seems that I must use their templates (either as is or modified)
for the header, left nav and footer. It would be a bit more convenient if one were
able to insert code, an include, etc into the page/template I alreday have but I'm not
sure if this is possible.

I'm just hoping to get a bit of insight from someone familiar with Extropia.

http://test.solidgroundnc.com

Any and all feedback greatfully appreciated.
Tio

brucie

in post: <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> The perl version of Extropias guestbook is what my hosting company has
> installed on their server so I figured I may as well try and add it
> to the website I built for a friend. I'm at wits end though
> attempting to figure out how to incorporate it into the site.

why are you asking here instead of your host who is supplying the script
or the authors of the script?

http://www.extropia.com/applications/guestbook.html

--
i h e a r v o i c e s

> The perl version of Extropias guestbook is what my hosting company has
> installed on their server so I figured I may as well try and add it to the
> website I built for a friend. I'm at wits end though attempting to figure
> out how to incorporate it into the site.
>
> From what I read it seems that I must use their templates (either as is or
> modified) for the header, left nav and footer. It would be a bit more
> convenient if one were able to insert code, an include, etc into the
> page/template I alreday have but I'm not sure if this is possible.
>
> I'm just hoping to get a bit of insight from someone familiar with
> Extropia.

Osborne publishing has a book out, "Instant CGI/Perl" by Selena Sol,Gunther
Birznieks and Peter Chines. It's a huge 1000 page tome with a CD; it
covers the Extropia software exclusively. Found my copy at a used
bookstore. It has a 2001 copyright so it will probably not be right up to
date. Runs fifty bucks (U.S.) new. I've never actually used it -- decided
the whole suite looks a bit too bloated for my mimimalist taste, but the
software has a good reputation, IIRC.
--
m http://www.mbstevens.com/

Guestbook Problems Oded Dror ASP .Net 1 01-31-2006 01:12 PM
Help with PERL guestbook (newbie) John Perl 5 06-24-2004 12:07 PM
Extropia Don Stefani Perl Misc 5 04-18-2004 06:40 AM
Online Guestbook for couple getting married HTML 1 03-07-2004 11:51 PM
guestbook Johan HTML 3 07-22-2003 10:30 PM

Advertisments