Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > images

images

menu boy

"Arondelle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> menu boy wrote:
> >>If you want to offer people images to print, make your images in various
> >>resolutions (Coarse(96dpi), Medium(150dpi), Fine(300dpi) and, if you
> >>dare, Photo(1200+dpi)) and then create links to the images for download
> >>in the format of your choice rather than attempting to plug a
> >>one-size-should-fit-all, non-web-friendly format image into a webpage.

> > Thanks. I did finally figure that out and I know how I can
> > calculate to account for different variables.
> > And thanks for not being a prick (or c*nt) about it. I had no
> > idea that some people could be such dicks (or tw*ts) when
> > asking a simple question.

> You're welcome, I guess.
>
> I just happen to have been dealing with screen-to-print issues for 10
> years, give or take.

Thanks for saving me 10 years.

> Internet programming may be a newish field for me,
> but printing stuff isn't: used to be called Desktop Publishing.
>
> I just don't claim to know everything, and I don't always have to be
> right. Experts tend to wish to be treated as such, and don't always
> have much patience with non-experts.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

> ::shrugs:: Treat others as you wish to be treated.

I've been playing the Usenet game for over 10 years. I know
some people get off on themselves and I say, let them.
Thanks for your help.

Frogleg

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:00:36 GMT, "menu boy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> > No. I made the image in Photoshop 7 and its dimensions are 4.5" x 3.5".
>> > When I upload it, put it on a webpage and print it, it prints about an
>> > inch smaller on the paper at *any* resolution I have my printer set.
>> > When I print it from Photoshop, it prints normally.

That's because Photoshop is kindly doing the scaling conversion from
inches to pixels for you.

Frogleg

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:20:49 GMT, "menu boy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thank you for your condescending remarks. I can see what
>you offer to this NG. Plonk.

On the contrary, SpaceGirl was extremely patient in trying to explain
the concept. Just because the explanation didn't suit you is no reason
to be rude.

menu boy

"Frogleg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:20:49 GMT, "menu boy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Thank you for your condescending remarks. I can see what
> >you offer to this NG. Plonk.

> On the contrary, SpaceGirl was extremely patient in trying to explain
> the concept. Just because the explanation didn't suit you is no reason
> to be rude.

There was no reason for *her* to be rude and condescending.

Neal

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:54:37 GMT, menu boy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Frogleg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:20:49 GMT, "menu boy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Thank you for your condescending remarks. I can see what
>> >you offer to this NG. Plonk.

>> On the contrary, SpaceGirl was extremely patient in trying to explain
>> the concept. Just because the explanation didn't suit you is no reason
>> to be rude.

> There was no reason for *her* to be rude and condescending.

I found her neither rude nor condescending, but matter-of-fact and
concise. Perhaps you don't like that.