Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTML 4 CSS

HTML 4 CSS

GP

Hello all,
i read postings below and played a little bit with HTML 4 and CSS but the
reult is not like i want.

Can anybody view my example page and help me to analyse where the problem it
!?

In my opinion the "CONTENTLIST ROW " shouldn't be bold,
the "CONTENTLIST CONTENTLIST1 ROW CONTAINERCONTENT" background not green but
yellow and
the CONTAINERCONTENT not pink but grey.

THX all for help - maybe i misunderstood CSS in HTML4

Neal

> Hello all,
> i read postings below and played a little bit with HTML 4 and CSS but the
> reult is not like i want.
>
> Can anybody view my example page and help me to analyse where the
> problem it
> !?
>
> In my opinion the "CONTENTLIST ROW " shouldn't be bold,
> the "CONTENTLIST CONTENTLIST1 ROW CONTAINERCONTENT" background not green
> but
> yellow and
> the CONTAINERCONTENT not pink but grey.
>
> THX all for help - maybe i misunderstood CSS in HTML4

Do not send attachments to this ng. Post a URL.

Edwin van der Vaart

> Hello all,
> i read postings below and played a little bit with HTML 4 and CSS but the
> reult is not like i want.
>
> Can anybody view my example page and help me to analyse where the problem it
> !?
>
> In my opinion the "CONTENTLIST ROW " shouldn't be bold,
> the "CONTENTLIST CONTENTLIST1 ROW CONTAINERCONTENT" background not green but
> yellow and
> the CONTAINERCONTENT not pink but grey.
>
> THX all for help - maybe i misunderstood CSS in HTML4

For the others that doesn't accept attachments.
You can find the page at:
http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/test.html (best viewed with IE)

A modified version of the page at:
http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/test2.html
--
Edwin van der Vaart

Andy Tang

> Hello all,
> i read postings below and played a little bit with HTML 4 and CSS but the
> reult is not like i want.
>
> Can anybody view my example page and help me to analyse where the problem it
> !?

It looks different in different browsers. So I decided to try validating
it and it would validate the HTML (but the CSS seems okay).

Try:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...ws%2Ftest.html

Edwin van der Vaart

>> Hello all,
>> i read postings below and played a little bit with HTML 4 and CSS but the
>> reult is not like i want.
>>
>> Can anybody view my example page and help me to analyse where the
>> problem it
>> !?
>>

> It looks different in different browsers. So I decided to try validating
> it and it would validate the HTML (but the CSS seems okay).
>
> Try:
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...ws%2Ftest.html

Did you view the http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/test2.html too.
Can you suggest the best way to remove the white space between the
coloured lines of the table? I tried margin: 0em and padding: 0em, but
still got the white space between the rows. However when I'm using <p>
the white space are gone.
--
Edwin van der Vaart

Edwin van der Vaart

Andy Tang wrote:
> Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
>
>> Did you view the http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/test2.html too.
>> Can you suggest the best way to remove the white space between the
>> coloured lines of the table? I tried margin: 0em and padding: 0em, but
>> still got the white space between the rows. However when I'm using <p>
>> the white space are gone.

> I think you need to use good old cellpadding="0" and cellspacing="0".

Thanx, I was indeed forgotten the cellpadding and cellspacing.

> I'm not sure there's a css style that can change that yet.

That's too bad.
--
Edwin van der Vaart

Andy Tang