Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > A simple 2 contents / main text layout.

A simple 2 contents / main text layout.

Spacen Jasset

I've looked around for what I want to do, but I can't seem to find what I
want.

I would like to make a two pane layout. al la contents / main text style.
But I want is the contents box to alter what the main text section shows --
infact i want it to load up diffrent pages.

So I tried something like this:

<!-- Contents section -->

<base target="main">

.... more contents links

</base>

<!-- Main text ->
<iframe id="main" name="main" src="main.html" frameborder="0">
</iframe>

The problem is that the iframe adopts borders depending on the size of the
pages I link to. I just want the iframe to resize itself essentially, so
that the main browser scroll bars can be used...if you see what I mean. i.e.
I want the iframe "box" to expand as necessary.