Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > frames getting sqashed

frames getting sqashed

news

I have a vertical frameset that is 100,500,*. When I resize the window
smaller than 600, both the 100 and 500 frame gets squashed evenly. I don't
want them to get sqashed at all. So if I sized down to 400 height, the
entire 100 top frame will still show. Currently, it will squash the 100 to
about half and screw up my design.

Webcastmaker

In article <6IgJc.55$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I have a vertical frameset that is 100,500,*. When I resize the window
> smaller than 600, both the 100 and 500 frame gets squashed evenly. I don't
> want them to get sqashed at all. So if I sized down to 400 height, the
> entire 100 top frame will still show. Currently, it will squash the 100 to
> about half and screw up my design.

Some would argue that your design is already screwed up do to the
frames (and you will get that). Anyway, providing a URL would
probably be the next logical step to finding a solution.
--
WebcastMaker
www.webentations.com

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:28:46 -0500, news <(E-Mail Removed)>
declared in alt.html:

> I have a vertical frameset

Don't do that.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")

> that is 100,500,*. When I resize the window
> smaller than 600, both the 100 and 500 frame gets squashed evenly.

Makes sense.

> I don't want them to get sqashed at all.

Stop using frames.

> So if I sized down to 400 height, the
> entire 100 top frame will still show.

Stop using frames.

> Currently, it will squash the 100 to
> about half and screw up my design.

Stop using frames.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

brucie

in post: <news:eirngjzwq4ex$(E-Mail Removed)>
Mark Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Don't do that...
> Stop using frames...
> Stop using frames.
> Stop using frames.

am i correct in thinking what you're saying is he shouldn't be using
frames?

--
b r u c i e

Mark Parnell

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:47:36 +1000, brucie <****@usenetshit.info>
declared in alt.html:

> am i correct in thinking what you're saying is he shouldn't be using
> frames?

I was leaning towards that opinion, yes.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Els

brucie wrote:

> in post: <news:eirngjzwq4ex$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Mark Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> Don't do that...
>> Stop using frames...
>> Stop using frames.
>> Stop using frames.

> am i correct in thinking what you're saying is he shouldn't
> be using frames?

No, he is saying the OP should _stop_ using frames.
In order to stop using frames, you have to use them first.
I think the OP has mastered that first step now.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames surfunbear@yahoo.com HTML 0 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments