Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Text not in line, any idea's?

Text not in line, any idea's?

SamuŽl van Laere

Hiya folks,

Could some kind soul explain why IE (yes its allways that browser) is
screwing up the text inside the div?
As you might notice not all of the text is in a straight line:
http://www.decipherer.net/trimsalon/

Any thoughts?
Does it have to do with that box bug?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
SamuŽl van Laere
the Netherlands

brucie

in post: <news:mJhIc.27322$(E-Mail Removed)>
Samu√ęl van Laere <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Hiya folks,

g'day

> Could some kind soul explain why IE (yes its allways that browser) is
> screwing up the text inside the div?

i cant see anything wrong with: IE6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633

> As you might notice not all of the text is in a straight line:
> http://www.decipherer.net/trimsalon/

looks straight to me

you're ****ed. try closing one eye or waiting until you sober up.

--
b r u c i e

Els

SamuŽl van Laere wrote:

> Hiya folks,
>
> Could some kind soul explain why IE (yes its allways that
> browser) is screwing up the text inside the div?
> As you might notice not all of the text is in a straight
> line: http://www.decipherer.net/trimsalon/
>
> Any thoughts?
> Does it have to do with that box bug?

It's called the 3 pixel bug or 3 pixel text jog.
Not too difficult to work around:
http://www.positioniseverything.net/...reepxtest.html

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Els

brucie wrote:

>> As you might notice not all of the text is in a straight
>> line: http://www.decipherer.net/trimsalon/

> looks straight to me

He means the vertical line-up of the horizontal lines, which,
indeed are all pretty straight

--

in post: <news:Xns9523EA862A144Els@130.133.1.4>
Els <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>> looks straight to me

> He means the vertical line-up of the horizontal lines,

FFS let me just get my microscope

> which, indeed are all pretty straight

my next suggestion was an inner ear infection making everything appear a
bit lopsided.

--
b r u c i e

Bert Byfield

> Could some kind soul explain why IE (yes its allways that browser) is
> screwing up the text inside the div?

The main reason is that you are using IE, which is NOT required.

Webcastmaker

In article <Xns9523B25CDCACEBertByfield134nospam@24.24.2.167> ,
> > Could some kind soul explain why IE (yes its allways that browser) is
> > screwing up the text inside the div?

> The main reason is that you are using IE, which is NOT required.

Very original answer. However, since the overwhelming majority of his
visitors will be using IE, it was pretty useless for anything other
than IE bashing.

But I was very impressed with your originality and your skill working
the bashing into the thread.

--
WebcastMaker
www.webentations.com

SamuŽl van Laere

"brucie" <****@usenetshit.info> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> you're ****ed. try closing one eye or waiting until you sober up.

Nah i'm not ****ed, only had 7 beers and i'm still looking straight at
things.

Regards,
SamuŽl van Laere

SamuŽl van Laere

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht

> It's called the 3 pixel bug or 3 pixel text jog.
> Not too difficult to work around:
> http://www.positioniseverything.net/...reepxtest.html

Els is right (or left) it is indeed the 3 pixel bug.
Thanks Els.

Regards,
SamuŽl van Laere

SamuŽl van Laere

"Bert Byfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:Xns9523B25CDCACEBertByfield134nospam@24.24.2. 167...

> The main reason is that you are using IE, which is NOT required.

Tell me about it, it works in Opera and Mozilla.
IE is one big bug if you ask me, but according to M$ they are not bugs but
features..

Regards,
SamuŽl van Laere