Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Different TD style defintion per table?

Different TD style defintion per table?

Bardo

I've got a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help with. Basically I want
to use two or more tables, each with their own 'TD' style tag so that I can
use a different typeface/size in each table. The problem I'm encountering is
that the very first TD style that I define is globally used in all the
tables. Is there any way to define a 'TD' stylesheet tag so that it is
*local* to a particular table without having to assign a 'style' to each and
every <TD> tag within that table? Here's the basic layout of what I'm trying
to achieve...

<stylesheet definition for TD for maintable>

<maintable>

<subtable>
<stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
<endsubtable>

<subtable>
<stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
<endsubtable>

<endmaintable>

Apologies if I'm being a bit vague!!!

brucie

in post: <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
Bardo <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> I've got a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help with.

i recommend a css tutorial for such basic issues.

> Basically I want to use two or more tables, each with their own 'TD'
> style tag so that I can use a different typeface/size in each table.

td{ ... style for all <td>s on page ...}

..table01 td{... style for table one <td>s... }
..table02 td{... style for table two <td>s... }

etc

--
b r u c i e

Toby A Inkster

Bardo wrote:

> <stylesheet definition for TD for maintable>
> <maintable>
> <subtable>
> <stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
> <endsubtable>
> <subtable>
> <stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
> <endsubtable>
> <endmaintable>

Do you mean you're trying to do something like the following?

table {...}
table {...}
table {...}

If so, that's totally broken. Go back and read a *basic* CSS tutorial.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Bardo

"brucie" <****@usenetshit.info> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> in post: <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
> Bardo <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> I've got a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help with.

> i recommend a css tutorial for such basic issues.

You're probably very right, Brucie.

Thanks for the info, though - very helpful indeed!

"Type Defintion Cannot be Abstract" Lord0 XML 3 02-26-2007 12:20 PM
Function Declaration and Defintion Problem Amit_Basnak C++ 5 12-28-2006 09:55 AM
What would this defintion mean: int Function(class CString filename) huguogang@gmail.com C++ 4 10-02-2006 07:31 AM
XML defintion yasar.khan@gmail.com XML 3 08-01-2006 08:04 AM
XSD document for XSD defintion Rick Razzano XML 1 09-26-2003 12:41 AM

Advertisments