Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Start Search in non-frame page,results in a frameset

Start Search in non-frame page,results in a frameset

Jan Harders

zzapper <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> Hi,
> Starting from a non-frameset. I have a search form (select price,
> beds etc,submit). Once the submit button is clicked I would like the
> results to appear in the main window of the a frameset. Is that
> possible?
>
> What we are trying to avoid is framesetting the entire site.

let me get that straight: you got a frameset where the search-page is loaded
in some other frame than the main content-frame, right?
well, in the <form>-tag of the search-page, put a TARGET="ContentFrameName"
just like in any other link.

zzapper

Hi,
Starting from a non-frameset. I have a search form (select price, beds etc,submit). Once the submit
button is clicked I would like the results to appear in the main window of the a frameset. Is that
possible?

What we are trying to avoid is framesetting the entire site.

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s.^.CyrnfrTfcbafbeROenzSZbbyranne.|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305 Best of Vim Tips

Jeff Thies

Jan Harders wrote:
> zzapper <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>
>>Hi,
>>Starting from a non-frameset. I have a search form (select price,
>>beds etc,submit). Once the submit button is clicked I would like the
>>results to appear in the main window of the a frameset. Is that
>>possible?
>>
>>What we are trying to avoid is framesetting the entire site.

> let me get that straight: you got a frameset where the search-page is loaded
> in some other frame than the main content-frame, right?
> well, in the <form>-tag of the search-page, put a TARGET="ContentFrameName"
> just like in any other link.

I read this differently. That the search loads a frameset. You'll need
to make the frameset a server page if that *is* what you want.

Jeff

Toby A Inkster

zzapper wrote:

> Is that possible?

Yes, but only if the search script can recieve data via HTTP GET (not POST).

Assuming search.php does your search and and form.html holds your search
form:

In form.html:

<form action="frame.php" method="post">
<fieldset>
<input type="submit">
</fieldset>
</form>

In frame.php:

<frameset rows="120,*">
<frame name="nav" src="nav.html">
<frame name="main" src="search.php?q=<?= $_GET['q'] ?>">
</frameset>

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

zzapper

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 18:26:52 +0200, wrote:

>zzapper typed:
>> Hi,
>> Starting from a non-frameset. I have a search form (select price,
>> beds etc,submit). Once the submit button is clicked I would like the
>> results to appear in the main window of the a frameset. Is that
>> possible?
>>
>> What we are trying to avoid is framesetting the entire site.

>let me get that straight: you got a frameset where the search-page is loaded
>in some other frame than the main content-frame, right?
>well, in the <form>-tag of the search-page, put a TARGET="ContentFrameName"
>just like in any other link.

It's more complex than that. The initial form is in a totally non-frame page. So I need to call up a
frameset at the same time as I send the results of the search to one particular frame

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)