Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT - Hosting For A Buck??

OT - Hosting For A Buck??

Axel Foley

tom, if you can fork out 3 bucks US a month, NEOH-HQ offers 100 Meg/ 1.5 G
packages (HQ-1). i use their servers on a number of my lower traffic sites,
and they're just fine. VERY PROMPT tech support. Easy to use CPANEL with
webalizer, awstats, the whole 9 yards.

Axel

"MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OclHc.983$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Following the advice of members of this newsgroup I have decided to pay

for
> hosting, but cos my site hardly brings in any revenue its gonna be with
> Hosting For A Buck.
>
> I was just wondering whether anybody here uses there services.
>
> Are there any banners/popups or advertisements? And also if anyone from

the
> UK uses them, do you know if I will get charged by my bank for paying in
> dollars???
>
> Thanks for everyone's help.
> Tom
> --
> MagicFreebiesUK
> http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk
> Updated Daily!!!!

MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk

"Axel Foley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> tom, if you can fork out 3 bucks US a month, NEOH-HQ offers 100 Meg/ 1.5 G
> packages (HQ-1). i use their servers on a number of my lower traffic

sites,
> and they're just fine. VERY PROMPT tech support. Easy to use CPANEL with
> webalizer, awstats, the whole 9 yards.
>
> Axel
>

> "MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OclHc.983$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Following the advice of members of this newsgroup I have decided to pay

> for
> > hosting, but cos my site hardly brings in any revenue its gonna be with
> > Hosting For A Buck.
> >
> > I was just wondering whether anybody here uses there services.
> >
> > Are there any banners/popups or advertisements? And also if anyone from

> the
> > UK uses them, do you know if I will get charged by my bank for paying in
> > dollars???
> >
> > Thanks for everyone's help.
> > Tom
> > --
> > MagicFreebiesUK
> > http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk
> > Updated Daily!!!!

Worth a look... Have you got a url.

Cheers

brucie

in post: <news:OclHc.983$(E-Mail Removed)>
"MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> I have decided to pay for
> hosting, [...]
> Are there any banners/popups or advertisements?

you should never have them with a paid account and i haven't heard of
anyone getting sucked into paying for hosting and ending up with
advertising.

its common for newsservers and for some reason people seem happy with
the arrangement.

"pay me $9/month and i'll let you advertise my product"

its very odd.

> And also if anyone from the UK uses them, do you know if I will get
> charged by my bank for paying in dollars???

their site should tell you want the currency is but you're usually
charged in the host country's currency.

--
b r u c i e

Hywel

In article <OclHc.983$(E-Mail Removed)>,
MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk says...
> Hi,
>
> Following the advice of members of this newsgroup I have decided to pay for
> hosting, but cos my site hardly brings in any revenue its gonna be with
> Hosting For A Buck.
>
> I was just wondering whether anybody here uses there services.
>
> Are there any banners/popups or advertisements? And also if anyone from the
> UK uses them, do you know if I will get charged by my bank for paying in
> dollars???

I use them (from the UK) and don't get any adverts for
http://kibo.org.uk/

The server my sit eis on does occasionally fall over, but I'm not that
bothered for 60p a month. The support is fast by email, too.

As you pay by PayPal, your bank won't charge you.

--
Hywel

Big Brother Petition - Better TV Wanted!
http://www.petitiononline.com/BBFlood/

WJ

Another place you can try is http://www.hostica.com.

I've got a couple of sites with them (the M-Class) and
they've been great.

C-Class is only $1./mo.