Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Aligning to top in a table?

Aligning to top in a table?

Don Wiss

Hi,

I'm self taught and I hand code. I look at other web pages, get a little
help from friends, and do look at html help web sites. I try not to do
anything fancy.

I'm trying to add google ads to some of my pages. I used the code they gave
me. But their ad doesn't align itself at the top. Despite my using <th
align=top>. I looked at another site and they had <td align=top>, but that
didn't change anything. A test page I put up can be found at:

http://candidapage.com/indsites/

Also something has turned all the page, except my footer lines, into bold.
I have made no changes, so it would appear that something in the google
code has changed my font. Or does using tables default to a bold font?

Thanks, Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven Don Wiss:

> http://candidapage.com/indsites/
>
> Also something has turned all the page, except my footer lines,
> into bold. I have made no changes, so it would appear that
> something in the google code has changed my font. Or does using
> tables default to a bold font?

All of your content is in a <th> element, which by default is bold
text. Change to a <td>. Oh, and add the missing <tr>!

<th align=left> <-- left is the default

<ul>

<li>Here's a page that ...

> Thanks, Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

You're welcome. I don't know about Google ads.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Don Wiss

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Quoth the raven Don Wiss:
>
>> http://candidapage.com/indsites/
>>
>> Also something has turned all the page, except my footer lines,
>> into bold. I have made no changes, so it would appear that
>> something in the google code has changed my font. Or does using
>> tables default to a bold font?

>All of your content is in a <th> element, which by default is bold
>text. Change to a <td>.

Thanks. That took care of that problem.

>Oh, and add the missing <tr>!

But that messes everything up. I still want the google ads along the left,
as they are now. They are now centered along the left. I want them at the
top. My real pages are long and now the google box is way, way down on
them. To get more ads shown I may chop my my pages, and what I posted here
is just an example of one chopped up.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Toby A Inkster

Don Wiss wrote:

Huh? "align" must be one of "left", "right", "center", "justify" or
"char". Try "valign" instead.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Davmagic .Com

>From: donwiss@no_spam.com
>(Don*Wiss)
><snip>
>But that messes everything up. I still want
>the google ads along the left, as they are
>now.

Try using one of the layout templates here:
http://davmagic.com/PAGES49.html

Put your script into the "left page area" cell....

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

Don Wiss

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004, Toby A Inkster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Don Wiss wrote:

>Huh? "align" must be one of "left", "right", "center", "justify" or
>"char". Try "valign" instead.

That's it! Thanks.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Sid Ismail

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:48:34 -0400, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote:

: I'm trying to add google ads to some of my pages. I used the code they gave
: me. But their ad doesn't align itself at the top. Despite my using <th
: align=top>. I looked at another site and they had <td align=top>, but that
: didn't change anything.

V = Vertical

Sid