Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > SVG

Luigi Donatello Asero

Shall I have to use XML to create images by SVG or can I use it also in
Html?

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/intro.html

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:O40Gc.4269$(E-Mail Removed)...

Can I create images by SVG only if I make use of XML or can I do it also
in
Html?

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/intro.html

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...titalien3.html

brucie

in post: <news:O40Gc.4269$(E-Mail Removed)>
Luigi Donatello Asero <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Shall I have to use XML to create images by SVG

if you like but i would go with a graphics program that can spew out SVG
until you get to grips with it, much easier.

> or can I use it also in Html?

do you mean can you stick it in html pages? - yes.

but support is icky poo so its only practical to use it in a controlled
environment.

if anyone is interested heres how to enable support for opera:
http://my.opera.com/community/articl...ers/enablesvg/

--
b r u c i e

Luigi Donatello Asero

"brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:1ajjnbny6ipc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> in post: <news:O40Gc.4269$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Luigi Donatello Asero <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > Shall I have to use XML to create images by SVG

> if you like but i would go with a graphics program that can spew out SVG
> until you get to grips with it, much easier.
>
> > or can I use it also in Html?

> do you mean can you stick it in html pages? - yes.
>
> but support is icky poo so its only practical to use it in a controlled
> environment.
>
> if anyone is interested heres how to enable support for opera:
> http://my.opera.com/community/articl...ers/enablesvg/
>
> --
> b r u c i e

Does SVG substitute WAP for mobile phones?
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVGMobile12-20040629/
How do I allow users to print each photo which is contained on a page
separately
(checkpoint 1.2)?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...titalien3.html

brucie

in post: <news:nc2Gc.4273$(E-Mail Removed)>
Luigi Donatello Asero <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Does SVG substitute WAP for mobile phones?

i have no idea what you're asking here

> How do I allow users to print each photo which is contained on a page
> separately

if their browser doesn't already give them that ability just supply a
link to the image file so they can handle it however they want.

> (checkpoint 1.2)?

checkpoint 1.2 of what?

--
b r u c i e

Luigi Donatello Asero

"brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:sotixxi0ja3y$(E-Mail Removed)...
> in post: <news:nc2Gc.4273$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Luigi Donatello Asero <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > Does SVG substitute WAP for mobile phones?

> i have no idea what you're asking here

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/
As far as I understand it is no substitute for old mobile phones, but a new
system for 3G mobile phones.

> > How do I allow users to print each photo which is contained on a page
> > separately

> if their browser doesn't already give them that ability just supply a
> link to the image file so they can handle it however they want.
>
> > (checkpoint 1.2)?

> checkpoint 1.2 of what?

http://ncam.wgbh.org/cdrom/guideline/guideline1.html
Also if I check up the page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...titalien3.html
at Bobby.
http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/bob...cag1-aaa&test=
I get one question mark on the left of the large photo and I suppose it has
to do with printing.
--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk/sv/italien-karta.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...titalien3.html

brucie

in post: <news:jF2Gc.4275$(E-Mail Removed)>
Luigi Donatello Asero <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/
> As far as I understand it is no substitute for old mobile phones, but a new
> system for 3G mobile phones.

SVG - Scalable Vector GRAPHICS

>> checkpoint 1.2 of what?

> http://ncam.wgbh.org/cdrom/guideline/guideline1.html

of course, how silly of me not to know that was the text you were
referring to <repeatedly bangs head on desk/>

> Also if I check up the page at Bobby.

bobby cant correctly parse error free html and reports errors where none
exist so don't put too much faith in what it tells you. also:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www/acctools.html

> http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/bob...cag1-aaa&test=
> I get one question mark on the left of the large photo and I suppose it has
> to do with printing.

<quote>
A question mark identifies a possible Priority 1 error that Bobby cannot
fully automatically check, indicating that the user needs to address
that question manually.
</quote> http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/html/en/readreport.jsp

if you read the report at the bottom of the page you checked it will
tell you the manual checks you need to make.

i hear my mommy calling me

--
b r u c i e

The Doormouse

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can I create images by SVG only if I make use of XML or can I do it
> also in
> Html?

SVG *is* written in XML. It is XML code.
You can place a SVG object in a HTML web page.

The Doormouse

Luigi Donatello Asero

"brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:sotixxi0ja3y$(E-Mail Removed)...
> in post: <news:nc2Gc.4273$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Luigi Donatello Asero <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > How do I allow users to print each photo which is contained on a page
> > separately

> if their browser doesn't already give them that ability just supply a
> link to the image file so they can handle it however they want.

Well, one point says
"If you use color to convey information, make sure the information is also
represented another way. "
Should I write in the description which I have added a link to, which
colour the bed and the other objects in the photo are of?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk/sv/italien-karta.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.html

brucie

in post: <news:ERaGc.4289$(E-Mail Removed)>
Luigi Donatello Asero <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> "If you use color to convey information, make sure the information is also
> represented another way. "
> Should I write in the description which I have added a link to, which
> colour the bed and the other objects in the photo are of?

is it relevant what color the bed is? is the red bed the bed of death so
you shouldn't sleep in it?

my mommy says i'm not allowed to play with you anymore

--
b r u c i e

Re: svg-chart 1.1 SVG Charting Library Helmut Jarausch Python 0 05-20-2008 11:05 AM
svg to svg saving problem milof83 Java 1 08-18-2006 07:36 PM
[SVG] probleme dessin d'images SVG avec Batik Mardagg Java 0 05-12-2006 02:13 PM
[SVG] problem with SVG image drawing with Batik Library Mardagg Java 0 05-12-2006 02:12 PM
[SVG] using image-tag to integrate SVG in SVG Arne Nordmann XML 0 06-28-2004 01:16 PM

Advertisments